P0300

mightbstock

Okay, I have Long tubes, and a corsa sport. I had justin tune my truck when I had OBX's fake cats. I recently had factory cats put back in after the l/ts. About 2 weeks later, today, my truck seemed to be running strange. I dont have a CEL coming on, but I checked the Interceptor gauge. It reads P0300. How do I solve the Random misfire??? Does it have anything to do with the cats being back on?

ive had the same problem before and it turned out to be a bad injector that as spraying too much fuel i wouldnt think it would be your cats because if he knew you had high flow cats he would have turned the rear o2 codes off might want to ask him if they were turned off or not

yes the rear O2s have been turned off. A friend came up with the other idea that since I ran the headers without a tune for a good while, the front O2s may have gotten fouled up. Im going to spray the MAF and front 02s down today or tomorrow.

why would the CEL not be on?

yes the rear O2s have been turned off. A friend came up with the other idea that since I ran the headers without a tune for a good while, the front O2s may have gotten fouled up. Im going to spray the MAF and front 02s down today or tomorrow.

why would the CEL not be on?

im not sure why the cel isnt on have you tried unplugging the scan gauge to see if it shows up on the cel and ive never personally seen front o2's throw po300 do you have a way to look at each cylinder individually? know someone with a diablo sport? if so you can look at each cylinder individually and see which one is misfiring and take it from there

im not sure why the cel isnt on have you tried unplugging the scan gauge to see if it shows up on the cel and ive never personally seen front o2's throw po300 do you have a way to look at each cylinder individually? know someone with a diablo sport? if so you can look at each cylinder individually and see which one is misfiring and take it from there

I do not have a way to check each cyl. Nor do I know anyone with the diablo sport. Does the obd scanner from advance do this?

Simple solution, that P0300 didn't set the CEL because it is an old code in the PCM's history. Clear the code with your Aeroforce and see if it returns, this way you do not have to waste time and money on an old code......

Simple solution, that P0300 didn't set the CEL because it is an old code in the PCM's history. Clear the code with your Aeroforce and see if it returns, this way you do not have to waste time and money on an old code......

Fireman. I cleared the code from the gauge. Hope that will work. So you think its an old code from before I had the computer tuned by Justin? I hope so, as that would be the cheapest solution. Thanks.

If it does come back check your plug wires on the driver side middle two cylinders. When i intalled my OBX LT's about three weeks later on the of the plug wires had melted and i was causing it to arc to the header causing the "random misfire". My solution was i made a bracket that looks like an anchor, bolted it to the valve cover and ran the two plug wires through that so they would not have any play in them. Haven't had a that problem since. I will try and take a pic tomorrow when it is day light out.

Fireman. I cleared the code from the gauge. Hope that will work. So you think its an old code from before I had the computer tuned by Justin? I hope so, as that would be the cheapest solution. Thanks.

It can't be from before since everytime that the PCM is flashed, efilive deletes all codes.

hey, sorry I have not updated this thread. the code has not come back yet, truck seems to be running fine.

As far as plug wires goes I have them double booted with the heat wrap, and tied up out of the way. I will let everyone know if anything changes in the future.