Cherry Bomb Exhaust

CTSSS

when i bought my truck it had the a cherry bomb dual in, dual out exhaust, i beleive it is the vortex system. it is not the glasspacks or one of those little red mufflers. i was simply wanting to change the way my exhaust exits today and went into the local performance truck shop. He started telling me that this muffler was robbing my truck of low end power and that I should get a whole new exhaust setup. what he proposed was a magnaflow setup that cost something like $650. I just wanted to check with you guys and see how much smoke he was trying to blow up my butt. Im pretty sure he was just trying to sell stuff. But, is it true that my muffler could be robbing low end power and if so what would you reccomend changing it to?

:confused::confused::confused:

It is true. I had a flowmaster 50 series on my ss dual in out into 4 inch tips sound nice but I had a wicked bad drone at 65 70. So after it Rotted off I changed to a Dynomax X flow and wow better response and no more drone. Its quite at idle and a beast at wot. Look around on here and get some ideas this question has been asked a bunch of times and do what you want to do.. good luck and post a vid of the new setup

yeah i mean i like a loud exhaust, and mine is. but id rather not be robbing myself of low end power. and by the way he was trying to sell me a whole exhaust system. i asked if i could swap out the muffler and he said the pipes wouldnt line up

I have dual Cherry Bomb turbo mufflers, part number 87707. They are single in and out. The stock SS muffler was cut off just in front of the muffler, and the 2 new mufflers were placed there (the long edge mounted top to bottom, or vertically, if you know what I mean). Then, custom pipes were bent to exit out the back, with chrome tips. The whole thing ran me $400 (tax included) when I had it done. It sounds great, and I don't have any low end loss of power that I am aware of. Just another possible option.

see i believe i have the cherry bomb vortex system on my truck and it is actually pretty loud. i like the sound, but am concerned about losing low end power. ive never driven it with stock exhaust so i have nothing to compare to

I had bought a Cherry Bomb Turbo muffler the other day to replace the rusted out RUSTmaster and as soon as i started it up i took it off... WAY quieter then the flow and sounded almost like stock.

Mine is definitely louder than stock, but not so loud that I get complaints from the neighbors. :jester:

Also, in my case, there's nothing that has to "line up". The 2 mufflers were welded onto the 2 pipes back from the cats, then the tailpipes custom bent out to the back of the truck.

Edited by Hankg42 (see edit history)

My theory is that you never lost any power but you have more volume at a lower rpm so it seems as if you may have lost low end. Keep the cherrybomb my buddy had one and i thought it was BA

...nevermind just reread your post lol i thought you just put this vortex muffler on....i would just change your setup to however you want it or if you want a new exhaust magnaflow or corsa sport FTW

Edited by SweetSS24 (see edit history)

See that's what I think is that he is just trying to sell me stuff. I have a feelig my exhaust should be fine and there are better mods I could spend my money on. I really actually like the sound but am just worried about it actually making my truck slower than even stock ehaust

Cherry bomb/glasspacks share the same sound muffling technology.... Louvered pipes which in turn restrict flow = less HP/TQ

Edit: I see you are running the Vortex CB.. It seems to be a straight through perforrated pipe design similar to the Magnaflow and others.. You should be fine :chevy:

Edited by WICKEDOWESIX (see edit history)