Did Gm Pull Their Head Out Of Their A$$?

I work in Warren, Michigan at the Design Center...my .02...

YeP!!!

I have been there since last July in the Paint department...I basically paint Auto Show vehicles (key word vehicles-hint hint)... 1-5 years before the public gets to see them... I am very confident GM will be successful, as long as the economy turns around and people can start buying cars again...We can offer the best in the world, like I feel we do now...and if we don't sell cars, it means nothing... I was born in Detroit, and have been in "The Motor City" all my life...I have worked at a Cadillac Dealer, for Gm at Delphi, at an assembly plant, and now in Design...

I have seen how pathetic GM ran their business, and I now see the sense of urgency first hand...

I know business we be very conservative until we pay back the loan, not bailout...which is a priority...

I have watched GM pick up pennies while dollars blew out the front door, I have watched GM go for the short term profits for executives/stockholders greed, while our competition had long term goals...

I see many exciting things for the future every day... In fact I feel having our GM backs to the wall may have finally woken us up!!!

We built low quality cars for years because we had huge market share, in laymen terms, there where not too many other choices and that did nothing to inspire better product, for whatever reason...

I have seen what GM can do while 'inspired'...and I am confident we will be profitable as long as we can compete fairly with the foreign auto makers... just my .02

I work in Warren, Michigan at the Design Center...my .02...

YeP!!!

I have been there since last July in the Paint department...I basically paint Auto Show vehicles (key word vehicles-hint hint)... 1-5 years before the public gets to see them... I am very confident GM will be successful, as long as the economy turns around and people can start buying cars again...We can offer the best in the world, like I feel we do now...and if we don't sell cars, it means nothing... I was born in Detroit, and have been in "The Motor City" all my life...I have worked at a Cadillac Dealer, for Gm at Delphi, at an assembly plant, and now in Design...

I have seen how pathetic GM ran their business, and I now see the sense of urgency first hand...

I know business we be very conservative until we pay back the loan, not bailout...which is a priority...

I have watched GM pick up pennies while dollars blew out the front door, I have watched GM go for the short term profits for executives/stockholders greed, while our competition had long term goals...

I see many exciting things for the future every day... In fact I feel having our GM backs to the wall may have finally woken us up!!!

We built low quality cars for years because we had huge market share, in laymen terms, there where not too many other choices and that did nothing to inspire better product, for whatever reason...

I have seen what GM can do while 'inspired'...and I am confident we will be profitable as long as we can compete fairly with the foreign auto makers... just my .02

Hopefully what you preach is true man. I love GM and most of their styling but the quality has gone to hell. i.e. on a brand new 50k truck, the metal they made the doors with is so thin and cheap, you can see the cellulite around the handle area. It's like that on 99.8% of all the newer models I have seen. I believe for the price they ask for their vehicles, the quality should be much better.

Hopefully what you preach is true man. I love GM and most of their styling but the quality has gone to hell. i.e. on a brand new 50k truck, the metal they made the doors with is so thin and cheap, you can see the cellulite around the handle area. It's like that on 99.8% of all the newer models I have seen. I believe for the price they ask for their vehicles, the quality should be much better.
right.....i.e. steering wheel clunking, frame pop etc. i really hope they bounce back i love my 04 silvy but would love to see a new performance truck

I fail to see why you think GM had their head up their ass. Why don't you elaborate so you can actually get an educated opinion and not some jokes that think they can determine quality of a vehicle based on absolutely nothing.

I fail to see why you think GM had their head up their ass. Why don't you elaborate so you can actually get an educated opinion and not some jokes that think they can determine quality of a vehicle based on absolutely nothing.

It may be a mistake on my part answering this, seeing as to how you seem a bit hostile, but I will take a shot on clearing it up for you.

GM had/has a lot of greedy people who were in the biz to just make the big bucks for themselves. There was a lot of corruption and misappropriated funding, and not too many people who had the most control had interests in the greater long term good of the corporation. Not gonna start a pissing match with you on the quality issue either, but some GM vehicles are filled with flaws, recalls, and cheap material. For example, the Silverado. Front diff problems, steering shaft, tailgate cables, cluster issues, rear window seal, and even a class action lawsuit on their motors because of piston slap. That right there is enough to say something about the quality IMHO and I am a GM guy. Always have and always will be. It's not the trucks fault nor the robots that built them or the people at the assembly plant. It comes from the designers and engineers and the people who give the ok to put it all into production without greater testing and make the decision to use cheaper materials for cost benefit. I can go on and on, but to make a long story short, GM had their head up their ass is a figure of speech implying they couldn't/can't see all of their problems and/or fix them and needed gov't assistance to help dig them out of their own grave.

• 2 months later...

It may be a mistake on my part answering this, seeing as to how you seem a bit hostile, but I will take a shot on clearing it up for you.

GM had/has a lot of greedy people who were in the biz to just make the big bucks for themselves. There was a lot of corruption and misappropriated funding, and not too many people who had the most control had interests in the greater long term good of the corporation. Not gonna start a pissing match with you on the quality issue either, but some GM vehicles are filled with flaws, recalls, and cheap material. For example, the Silverado. Front diff problems, steering shaft, tailgate cables, cluster issues, rear window seal, and even a class action lawsuit on their motors because of piston slap. That right there is enough to say something about the quality IMHO and I am a GM guy. Always have and always will be. It's not the trucks fault nor the robots that built them or the people at the assembly plant. It comes from the designers and engineers and the people who give the ok to put it all into production without greater testing and make the decision to use cheaper materials for cost benefit. I can go on and on, but to make a long story short, GM had their head up their ass is a figure of speech implying they couldn't/can't see all of their problems and/or fix them and needed gov't assistance to help dig them out of their own grave.

Thank you for answering the question for me couldnt have done it better.biggrin.gif