Hid Bulbs

SSplaytoy

I have been hunting all around the net for 8300k hid bulbs and can't find any. :banghead: Anyone know where I can get a set of those temperature bulbs? I know Art and a few others on here sell HID kits and bulbs, but I don't think they have the 8300k's.

TIA,

Justin

I have 10000k in my truck was a great buy see everything, Xenoneyes.com....it was $129 for low beams an for both beams $229...low beam bulb 9006...Hi beam bulb 9005. They also have a gallery on there for you to see the different light colors as well 3k-12k...hope it helps you out

sorry to invade but just a quick question for you guys, if i currently have hids does the bulb make the difference in the color AND the ballast or for example if i have 6000K bulbs and i want 10,000k do i just switch the bulbs or the ballast as well?

Thanks,

Seth

sorry to invade but just a quick question for you guys, if i currently have hids does the bulb make the difference in the color AND the ballast or for example if i have 6000K bulbs and i want 10,000k do i just switch the bulbs or the ballast as well?

Thanks,

Seth

Just change the bulbs....

Sorry to bust your bubble but the only true xenon color temperatures that available are 3000K, 5000K, 6000K, 8000K, 10000K

So you more than likely have a 8000K bulb but they just advertised it as a 8300K.. Good luck!

I have put them up next to 8000k and 10000k when they were brand new and could tell the difference. I know stock ones are 4300k, and have seen 15000k, 25000, 12000k, and 30000k too. Variances in the gases different manufacturers put in the bulbs allow them to reach the different temps and produce the different colors. I actually got bored one day and looked at all the chemistry behind them :D

Hey I figure this is relevant enough so i have a question: I made the mistake of cheaping out when I bought my HIDs and I dont like them. I want brighter ones but can I change just the bulbs or just the ballasts and notice a difference? What should i look for in purchasing new bulbs or ballasts?

Hey I figure this is relevant enough so i have a question: I made the mistake of cheaping out when I bought my HIDs and I dont like them. I want brighter ones but can I change just the bulbs or just the ballasts and notice a difference? What should i look for in purchasing new bulbs or ballasts?

The "brightest" ones you can get are 6000k. You can change the bulbs to work with the kit you have, but if your kit is a super bobo piece of garbage, then I would recommend getting a good set so you don't have problems down the road.

What brand kit did you get?

I have put them up next to 8000k and 10000k when they were brand new and could tell the difference. I know stock ones are 4300k, and have seen 15000k, 25000, 12000k, and 30000k too. Variances in the gases different manufacturers put in the bulbs allow them to reach the different temps and produce the different colors. I actually got bored one day and looked at all the chemistry behind them :D

Its actually the lack of quality that gives them the different color when compared to other brands. I know all about the chemestry too :jester:

And the brightest bulb (most lumens) is the 4300K.......

The "brightest" ones you can get are 6000k. You can change the bulbs to work with the kit you have, but if your kit is a super bobo piece of garbage, then I would recommend getting a good set so you don't have problems down the road.

What brand kit did you get?

I bought a 5000k kit from XtremeHIDS. Came with 2 ballasts and 2 bulbs