Found My 05ss

kinsey

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck on getting it back. Just curious. If you are no longer the owner of the truck, how did you find out that it was found? I would think that when the police run the VIN, that the system would just show the insurance company as being the owner.

Well, I'm happy and sad for you. I am curious, what part of DFW the bust was at? Good to finally get resolution on your truck, sorry to hear it's in the shape it is.

Mr. P.

ps - need to add another thought: buying back the SS may not be a good idea, because now it will have a salvage title and basically be worthless if you try selling it in the future. If you DO buy the truck back at auction you need to understand that it's for emotional reasons, UNLESS the VIN tagging is all still in place and you can legitimately get the truck re-titled with an "honest" pinkslip.

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

I'm happy for you that it was found, but I sure as hell would want to THOROUGHLY check it out before trying to buy it back. God knows what might have been done to the engine, trans, diffs, X-fer case, etc. while in the possession of the perps. Visual damage is one thing, internal is another. Good luck. :chevy:

ok, maybe i missed something....but your truck was stolen and then found...now you have to try to get it back from an auction???? shouldnt it just be returned to you once found? and if i sound like a dumb ass please dont be too harsh..lol :cheers:

:D Didnt miss nothing on this post. I put in another post I already settled with the insurance. I was already paid for the truck. So it belongs to the insurance company.

you may be right....if that happened to me, and somebody out bid me for my own truck, id be swingin..breakin kneecaps...then prolly arrested..lol

I was thinking the same thing. Already have bail money lol.

Call your insurance company and see if you can buy it back before it goes up for auction. My brother in-law totaled his snow-machine a number of years ago and was able to buy it back from his insurance co.

I thought I would have first shot at it but they said it had to go to auction. One of my camaros was totaled and they let me buy it but, took that amount off of what they were originally going to pay me.

Good luck on getting it back. Just curious. If you are no longer the owner of the truck, how did you find out that it was found? I would think that when the police run the VIN, that the system would just show the insurance company as being the owner.

Dallas Police went with the police report that I filed. The insurance company didnt know till i called them.

Well aleast you know where it is now. sucks you cant just buy it back without having to wait for it to go to auction. I dont know what id do if my truck got stolen. id go nuts until i found it. well i hope everything goes well in getting it back.

Yes, the VIN would come back to the insurance company, though, law enforcement would first run the PLATES before they run the vin, that's why he found out first. Since the vehicle was stolen, you just can't go to the DMV to get new plates... so the theives, if they want to move the vehicle, must keep the 'stolen' plates, cause you ask any cop, they see a vehicle with no tags, it's getting stopped quicker then ****, though, back-up would usually be requested prior to the stop cause they know something is already wrong. Just my $0.02.