Protect Burglary

eddies-blk-intimidator-06

i did to my truck to protect it from being opened from out side, due its easy'rr than taking candy from kid, all a thief needs to open hood and cut power for alarm is a long screwdriver.

and to prevent this, I cutted a 3/8 coper pipe long enough to cover from tip of cable to the back of left head lamp and some self drilling screws, you will get better the pic with the pics if not let me know how can i assist you. :chevy: lets keep this trucks safer. :cheers:

if anyone interested in doing this to his or her truck and does need to see the actual piece of pipe i WILL take it off to show in pic.

New pics added, to see foldings i made to the pipe and triming, hope this works 4 you,.!!!

post-15029-1264471867_thumb.jpg

post-15029-1264471911_thumb.jpg

post-15029-1264471944_thumb.jpg

post-15029-1265214048_thumb.jpg

post-15029-1265214559_thumb.jpg

post-15029-1265214575_thumb.jpg

post-15029-1265214593_thumb.jpg

Edited by eddiess-06 (see edit history)

Poppin the hood on our trucks and others similar are very easy obviously. It's just a matter of poppin out the bottom of the grille and pullin down on the cable to pop up the hood. Then they can disconnect the alarm or take your headlights. Your pipe idea is a pretty good one, but it isn't a bad idea to have a hood pin installed with your alarm either. And even with the pipe there, I think you can still reach in through the wheel well and grab the cable and open the hood.

So wait a minute........ I can open the hood of my SSS just by pulling on that cable that runs overtop of my drivers side headlight and toward the grill? Thats not good! Although I wish I had known that when my battery died... damn power locks make the thing almost impossible to get in to!

So wait a minute........ I can open the hood of my SSS just by pulling on that cable that runs overtop of my drivers side headlight and toward the grill? Thats not good! Although I wish I had known that when my battery died... damn power locks make the thing almost impossible to get in to!

Yup. You just would have had to been super careful not to break the grille or the tabs on it.

Poppin the hood on our trucks and others similar are very easy obviously. It's just a matter of poppin out the bottom of the grille and pullin down on the cable to pop up the hood. Then they can disconnect the alarm or take your headlights. Your pipe idea is a pretty good one, but it isn't a bad idea to have a hood pin installed with your alarm either. And even with the pipe there, I think you can still reach in through the wheel well and grab the cable and open the hood.

more protection is better, i have the hood pin wired to my 2 way viper alarm and a bat-cap that works as battery so even if battery is disconected i still have power for alarm :thumbs: plus this pipe that its screwed on metal so i think its more than a thief would expect from our sss

i did to my truck to protect it from being opened from out side, due its easy'rr than taking candy from kid, all a thief needs to open hood and cut power for alarm is a long screwdriver.

and to prevent this, I cutted a 3/8 coper pipe long enough to cover from tip of cable to the back of left head lamp and some self drilling screws, you will get better the pic with the pics if not let me know how can i assist you. :chevy: lets keep this trucks safer. :cheers:

if anyone interested in doing this to his or her truck and does need to see the actual piece of pipe i WILL take it off to show in pic.

WOW thats a good idea :cheers: I'll have to look into this. So all you do is run the cable through the pipe? :confused: