400ex Exhaust

tburkdoll

Little off subject but thought i'd ask anyway. I have an 05 Honda 400ex that is all stock except for a k&n filter. I'm considering modding it up some and was thinking of maybe putting a different exhaust on and maybe re jetting it and maybe re gearing it for some low end power. Anybody out there with some input or opinions on this subject.

I've been riding offroad for about 8 years, and I'm a big FMF advocate..... Take it as you will. (Ive never put an FMF on a Honda though, but that shouldnt matter)(yes, both exhaust in the pic are FMF, gotta love it)

post-19043-1264670035_thumb.jpg

Edited by Stg313 (see edit history)

I used to race 4 strokes in the GNCC's and used to run DG, but that was about 10 years ago. DG always made more power for my setup but was very loud and went with a DG headpipe with a custom muffler from TC Racing which worked great. I always liked that setup, the DG headpipe had very good torque. I will say though I have heard good stuff about the Yoshi.