Fake Cat Or High Flow

black-SS

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Im in TX and have inspections, not sure if they do the sniffer or not, but my question is are these direct bolt on as in is our piping at the cats 3" or do we need another size. Because i would love to get these and replace my cats even if i have to switch them out come inspection time.

• 1 month later...

I don't have room to install my high-flow cats. I am going to pray that I pass inspection :o( If not I am going to install one farther back on the exhaust.

if you install one further back it won't work as well. cats have to get up to over 700 degrees before converting the exhaust fumes to co2 and water. . so it may not pass inspection with it that far away from the engine.

Found this on an old thread. could be an idea

http://www.siliconeintakes.com/product_inf...69f46fdfb4e6dd5

i love their disclaimer at the bottom of the page... :crackup:

The product description above is for entertainment purposes only. This product does not perform the exhaust cleansing function of a catalytic converter in any way. Use of this product on or off the road violates countless laws and may prevent your car from passing emissions. It is unlawful to install this product in any vehicle in the United States, ever. If you wish to return this product at any time in the future, a full refund will be issued. This product should only be hung on your wall to express your rebellious nature, never installed in a vehicle. This product may cause cancer. :lol:

:seeya:

Edited by desrtrat (see edit history)

Will these cats work with the pacesetter lts, or in other words will i have enough room to fit these on somewhere?http://www.siliconei...69f46fdfb4e6dd5

The only cats i can see fitting close to the stock location are the magnaflow hiflow spun metallics. They are about 8.5 inches total length. There's no way those hollowed out cats will fit close to the stock location.

The only cats i can see fitting close to the stock location are the magnaflow hiflow spun metallics. They are about 8.5 inches total length. There's no way those hollowed out cats will fit close to the stock location.

i just bought a set of those yesterday...overall length is 8" and overall diameter is only 4" so theyre pretty compact. really hoping i can install them right after the collectors. my truck is already tuned for no cats but theres no place around here that will do the exhaust work without cats on the truck. i figure as small as these are they shouldnt really hurt performance.