Question About Doin Suede

ok..ive been really thinkin about doin a suede headliner and inserts in the seats..was wondering what colors you guys were doin..i think either a lighter charcoal..or a black is what seems to look best...i was toyin with the idea of doin somethin with the headliner.. like maybe tryin to do a SS just with raised foam...so its clean and suddal..nothing to crazy..not sure how it will look..

also what kinda $$ have you been see to have this done..

ive got a buddy would owns a local interior shop.. said he would do it for $700 which seems good... and have to chance to work out some tradin with him and a buddy of mine .. so it would work out to be like $500 :)..ofcourse this really isnt a prority..have a few go fast goodies i should do first... well i should really finish my long travel sand rail first..but the interior bugs me i dont know why GM ever did it that way..

Does 700 include the "SS" in the liner? and does it include the suede inserts? Because I know a place that'll suede headliners for 200 if you take it out and reinstall it yourself... I did my own pretty much for... less than 30 bucks?

It isn't that hard to do, just a bit time consuming and tedious. You have to constantly stretch and pull the material on the headliner to get it smooth. It's the hardest to do around corners and ridges, but is manageable even if you have never done it before. And you only need a few tools to do it right. Between the tools and material, including the adhesive spray, it all costs between 75 and 100 bucks depending on type and where you get them. It beats shelling out a few hundred bucks IMO.

It isn't that hard to do, just a bit time consuming and tedious. You have to constantly stretch and pull the material on the headliner to get it smooth. It's the hardest to do around corners and ridges, but is manageable even if you have never done it before. And you only need a few tools to do it right. Between the tools and material, including the adhesive spray, it all costs between 75 and 100 bucks depending on type and where you get them. It beats shelling out a few hundred bucks IMO.

Good point on the stretching and pulling the suede material- it is tedious but needs to be done for the suede to look right. Also, applying too much adhesive may leak through the suede. So when you do spray the suede, spray a uniform amount across the material. Don't spray spots or you may get spray on the visible side of the suede. This is just from my experience. It is not hard to do it, I am just posting my mistake so that someone doesn't repeat it.

yeah i did some searching and found someone who made a factory replacment carpet and did it in black while we had everything out.

i got all the interior stuff from gmdash.com the guy is local so i met up with him to give him the stock parts as a core. center console, oh ish bar, window switch cover, seat control covers, dash bezel , ash tray, cup holders , all the little things .

i did a bit of both , i did the roof in black suede and i did the door inserts in a silver suede as well as the seat inserts . also changed all the seats to black leather

DSC01825-1.jpg

:omg: that made a bad ass truck even more bad ass. Looks frign awsome man. :thumbs: