06 Ss Intimidator

kevinlodge2

Congratulations, and welcome to the site! :cheers: I've had my SS for 6 years and almost 60K miles, and other than the popular "steering wheel clunk", no issues. :chevy: I also don't beat on it as hard as some of the guys around here. :)

Edited by Hankg42 (see edit history)

Welcome to the site man and congrats on the truck! make sure to post some pics after you pick her up. I think most of the problems, if any, were fixed on my truck before i bought it last year...im pushing 90k and still running strong, and drive it like i stole it every single day!

Just wanted to let you know that the Intimidator is not only an appearance package, but also has a lowered ride height and little bit different suspension than the other Super Sport trucks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silverado_SS#...et_Silverado_SS

[edit] Intimidator SS

In 2006, Chevrolet released a special edition Silverado SS under the name "Intimidator SS" (licensed by Dale Earnhardt Inc..) to honor the late Dale Earnhardt. The truck that came with several minor appearance upgrades, a lowered ride height, performance suspension, two-stage multi-leaf springs, Tenneco shocks, a stiffer front stabilizer bar and harder front jounce bumpers, but left the bulk of the truck the same as the regular SS.[3]

I'm in Philadelphia,PA (South Philly). Thanks for welcoming me to the site looking foward to meeting new people.

There are quite a few of us around the central NJ, Philly area. Keep an eye out for when we post about getting together. Always nice to meet new members.

There are quite a few of us around the central NJ, Philly area. Keep an eye out for when we post about getting together. Always nice to meet new members.

Thanks for the invite I'll be sure to check once a day so I don't miss any of the action. Is there a specific area on the site that I should checking to to get that info?

Thanks for the invite I'll be sure to check once a day so I don't miss any of the action. Is there a specific area on the site that I should checking to to get that info?

There is an "Events/Gatherings/Rallys" section where that stuff gets posted. No need to check every day. Guys organizing things usually post well in advance. I have a few guys coming over for the Daytona 500 on 2/14. That's listed in there if you're interested. Have a look! :)