Need Brake Help Bad....

Tony.SS.

Did you inspect the e brake shoes?

I checked them out. they seemed fine. My mechanic said that would have nothing to do with the brake squeal tho. They do not activate with a brake pedal push. they are on a different system. Why would the eBrake squeal when i push the brakes??

I checked them out. they seemed fine. My mechanic said that would have nothing to do with the brake squeal tho. They do not activate with a brake pedal push. they are on a different system. Why would the eBrake squeal when i push the brakes??

What about the slide pins on the caliper are they properly greased and make sure they are not bent? Do the pistons in the claliper move ok?

I was just making sure the e brake was ok since you were removing the rotor and there are problem with them...

Were the rotors lathed before they were put on? If not some rotors have a anti rust coating on them so they wont rust in the box and look bad some times it can be taken off with brake clean some times it has to be cut off. Sometimes if they have that coating it will get in the pad and cause a squeak. Grind or file a taper on the ends of the pad I have done this to a few cars and fixed quite a few brake squeaks. it will reduce the pad to rotor surface a little bit but not enough to cause stopping probs. Only grind the taper on the short sides of the pads. It sounds like a very red neck fix but if you have tried everything else its worth a try right? might also try a cheap high dust set of pads the softer compound might stop the squeak.