Suggestions On A Bed Cover?

Kim

Gaylord or Pace Edwards electric retactable cover in my opinion is what I would purchase if I had to choose one. I have a custom one that looks like the checkmate cover but not one truck/car shop (autozone, napa, advanced truck accessories, etc) can figure out what company made it. Good luck with your choice!

http://www.pace-edwards.com/

Gaylord or Pace Edwards electric retactable cover in my opinion is what I would purchase if I had to choose one. I have a custom one that looks like the checkmate cover but not one truck/car shop (autozone, napa, advanced truck accessories, etc) can figure out what company made it. Good luck with your choice!

http://www.pace-edwards.com/

Is your cover a Fastback II? That's what I used to have....similar to the checkmate. I sold it cause it leaked in the corners.

Is your cover a Fastback II? That's what I used to have....similar to the checkmate. I sold it cause it leaked in the corners.

It looks like the Fastback II, it very well could be that one. My gas struts are located in completely different spots and angles from pictures I have found of the Fastback II though :confused: . Do you know if they are movable (maybe the original owner just had the struts located in a different spot)? The gas struts are also from a company called "Suspa" if that helps. Thank you for the info Kim, I have been trying to figure this out for years. No leak problems yet, dont drive it during winter or rain though.

edit-I had to restore my computer so I lost pictures, I have some on facebook. I am recovering from numerous surgeries and have another this week, I will try to get a picture of the tonneau cover when I can.

-Andrew

Edited by 03mass (see edit history)

These are the only good pictures I could find of the one I had...pay no attention to the ugly tail lights. Those are no longer on my truck....nor is the dealer sticker....or the rear bumper...wow these pics are old.

TheTruck007.jpg

bedrug.jpg

Looks like you could move the shocks....just relocate the bracket...

Edited by Kim (see edit history)

From the open bed pic (2nd picture) these items are different: clamps, locking mechanism, and bed rails (then again those all can be replaced). I am starting to think I do have the Fastback II cover, just different parts here and there. My struts are in the same location as yours, except the angle faces toward the cab.

From the first pic the one thing that gives my cover away is the similar rubber gasket around the tonneau. Sorry to take you off topic, and once again thank you Kim for the help and pictures :chevy:

From the open bed pic (2nd picture) these items are different: clamps, locking mechanism, and bed rails (then again those all can be replaced). I am starting to think I do have the Fastback II cover, just different parts here and there. My struts are in the same location as yours, except the angle faces toward the cab.

From the first pic the one thing that gives my cover away is the similar rubber gasket around the tonneau. Sorry to take you off topic, and once again thank you Kim for the help and pictures :chevy:

:cheers:

2869_1106258626646_1532194281_30557.jpg

Nice :cool: