Airbag helpers?

marc_w

Well, I hooked up our 24' camper this weekend, and the truck pops a wheelie.

The front is about an inch higher than the rear. I'd be embarassed to drive it like that.

Anyone out there running airbag helpers for load leveling?

I'm looking to do a conventional setup that I'll manually inflate with a bike pump.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

I hear ya...

I don't want the springs because they're almost full-time, unless you get the ones that have that bolt-adjuster thing...

Personally, I'd rather do the bike-pump method because my truck has a nasty habbit of leaning towards the drivers rear corner, even completely unloaded and low on gas. I'd like to see if I can manually adjust that out.

I've looked at AirLift springs, and I see a note about a distance of 6" needed between the tire and frame. I'll have to go measure that.

Firestone makes another kit...

Air Lift makes a helper air spring set up that is easy to install. You can do it manually or get a on board compressor to do it for you.

The part number is 57250 for the 5700 series air spring kit and costs $305. The compressor set up is part number 25592 and runs $172. These are the prices i sell em for you may be able to find em cheaper now thjat you know the part numbers.

The firestone ride rite kit is about the same price, part number 2320 but the compressor set costs about 50 bucks more than the air lift set up but has a better compressor, part number 2226 with white faced guages 2158 black faced.

Hope this helps.

Archived