Headlight's And Fuel Pump Not Working On Reg Cab 03'

BlueAKSSS

Hey guys my regular cab 03 silverado is having problems, when you turn on the key with the low beam headlight relay installed only the passenger side headlight turns on and the fuel pump doesn't run or prime. As soon as you turn off the headlights the fuel pump runs and you can start the engine. I've tried different light bulbs and swapped bulbs but I can never get the drivers side one to work. If I unplug the drivers side headlight the pump doesn't run even if the lights are off so it's like its using the bulb as a connection to run the pump. :confused: Any ideas???

Thanks,

Matt

Here's a video of what it does.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4vts2w2i1c

Edited by Matt* (see edit history)

FIXED!!!!!

This just goes to show you how important grounds are in these trucks, I found that there must be a central ground for the fuel pump and headlights that is not grounded because I used a jumper wire and grounded the ground side of the headlight and what do you know but both headlights work, fuel pump works and fuel gauge, and now there's no more random reduced engine power glitches!!!!!! :D I'm happy can't wait to get the tuned computer from zippy in the mail just waiting on UPS. :)