Corsa Db Exhaust

ok now that i understand the di/do now, it seems as if i wasnt able to find one, cause at first i just wanted to do the muffler...... ill do some more looking round i guess.....i would really like to find just a borla muffler to put on there and like a different tip, like say the corsa one. im assuming that just a muffler will give me the low throaty sound im looking for at a considerably cheaper cost

Brad I'm taking a similar route- want to upgrade the muffler but not too loud. I read on here the Flo-Pro HD 2504 is good for this and has no drone. It is di/do. Ordered one from FLE-online for $168. Plan to just keep the stock pipe, maybe put on a new tip.

Sound/video:

Flo-Pro on SS

:cheers:

SS

thnaks for all the info guys! yeah i looked on the borla site and it looks like they have a di/do that us 2.5 inches......is that the size of the stock exhaust? i will definitely check out the fle tho.....again thanks guys, you guys helped me out tons!

yeah i understand what you saying bout all that lol. i just want a mild sounding truck. im not gonna put on any other modifications just want a truck with a little bit of a throaty sound, nothing loud. id get just a muffler but i dont know what route to go. the stock one has 2 inlet and 2 outlets. do i hafta get a muffler that has 2 inlets and 2 outlets also? i can see the 1 outlet cause the tip is basically right behind it. i used to be all gung ho and knew some stuff bout all this crap when i did stuff to my ss and ws6. granted its all bout the same but ill admit im rusty and i dont wanna order something and it all be completely wrong lol.

You do not need to get a muffler with two outlets seeing as the stock ss muffler is not a true dual outlet. Im currently runnig a dual inlet/single outlet muffler on the ss.

Got my Flo-Pro HD 2504 installed today :D , and a shiny Corsa dual tip courtesy E-Bay. Kept the stock pipe. Great set-up, exactly what I was going for. Sound is deeper but not too loud (I'd guess 15-20% louder than stock) and I can definitely feel an HP increase. Flo-Pro says you should get up to 25 HP.

From what I've read on here, I consider my set-up kind of a poor-man's Corsa Touring. All in $400.

SS

Get some sound clips, Id like to hear it.

The corsa is more quiet than the stock exhaust system cruising between 50-80mph @ 2000rpms, according to the rep I spoke to (must be the touring system). However at wot its a different animal. :chevy:

edit-sorry I did not see the flo-pro sound clip in the thread ealier, however that does not do it justice. We need some better revs than that clip provides, I dont think it is as throaty as the Corsa either from what I heard.

Edited by 03mass (see edit history)

if your just adding a muffler you will have to go di/do. heres a good video of a 18 " tru x magnaflow muffler .

a 22" case would be a little bit quiter. so whatever sound better to you, the magnaflow is the most popular muffler it seems on the site.

do you know the part # for the 18" muffler in that video?