Oil Pressure Gauge

ReDSiLvYSS

Is this a common thing that goes wrong? My oil pressure gauge sits above 0 when its off and raises no more than a few degress when the truck is on and under load. Before the gauge would stay up the middle, but thats when it was off. And through the roof when on. This has been going back and forth on where the neeedle wants to end for a couple months. I dont know if its some sending unit or if its something in the cluster.

BTW. There is oil. The right amount of oil. and no knocks or ticks.

thanks for the help

The gauge clusters are notorious for having problems, so that may be the case. I would hook up an aftermarket tool or gauge to check for oil pressure just in case it's an oil pump issue or the o-ring on the pickup tube. It may have oil in it and you may not have any noises, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Yea im about to roll 85000. Where do get a stepper motor?

Check ebay for stepper motors, also even though your past the cluster recall mileage you could still try going to the dealer and see if they'll do it for free since they know its a problem.

Id like to have the dealership do the work but Im sure it will be piontless. Plus, for what they cost, it will cost more in gas to get there. They shut down the chevy dealerships in my area. :(

Does anyone know what the part number might be for the stepper motor?