Slick Paint.

Yeah I know its pretty thin, BUT I do it all the time on individual panels. I work at a body shop and am pretty sure I can do it safely.

You work at a body shop, you have wet sanded before, but you started a thread to ask people if they had done it before??? I'm confused, seems to me that if you have the know how and experience a thread to ask people about it would be superfluous.

I know how to detail... I detail all the time... I wouldn't start a thread to ask people if they detail before detailing my truck.

Edited by Dylan06SS (see edit history)

You work at a body shop, you have wet sanded before, but you started a thread to ask people if they had done it before??? I'm confused, seems to me that if you have the know how and experience a thread to ask people about it would be superfluous.

I know how to detail... I detail all the time... I wouldn't start a thread to ask people if they detail before detailing my truck.

I asked if anyone had done it before. I did not ask if it could be done or how hard it may be or anything like that. Iwas just wanting to see if anyone else has had the idea.

Dang, chill man... :cool:

I think he was just seeing if anyone else had wet sanded their factory paint, and if so, if they had run into any problems with the factory paint being too thin. Sees like a valid inquiry to me. I've thought about doing this as well, however, the fear of going though the paint is just too much, plus the amount of time and effort involved isn't worth it to me on a pick up truck. If it was a sports car or something fancy sure, but on my SS, no.

I will agree with you though the orange peel on these trucks is ridiculous and it drives me crazy to get the paint swirl free only to see the shitty factory paint job stand out.

SS Silv: are your wheels 22's?

yeah very valid question! i too have considered doing it! I used to detail cars as well! but mine needs a paint job cuz i have some scratches here and there from disrespecting people who don't care about others property!

plus the amount of time and effort involved isn't worth it to me on a pick up truck. If it was a sports car or something fancy sure, but on my SS, no.

To some, its more than a "pick up truck". My neighbors 09 Z06 has orange peel something fierce, along with his 2010 SS Camaro.