Looking For New Exhaust Setup

ChinoHillian

ok, so i have a flowmaster exhaust right now, and i'm happy with it but i want a louder, better exhaust that will give me the best output i can get.

i want to get the best bang for my buck.

what do you guys think i should go with?

help me out :D

Try the search button, exhaust systems are always talked about here. Try looking on youtube for some exhaust clips. Best bang for your buck does not mean you will have the loudest, sometimes you have to spend $$$ to have that certain setup/tone/loudness you are looking for.

What other mods do you have? You may want to look into e-cutouts, headers, taking off the cats and what not. Hope this helps.

if you dont mind spending big bucks on a corsa exhaust go for it deff a nice sound and no drone is the biggest bonus ever but if i were you i would go with dmh or dougs cutouts those seem to be the best from what ive heard.

check out my thread from awhile back, has both exhausts I was considering (B&B/Billy Boat and Corsa). I will be going corsa, I love Billy Boat but I have serious migraine issues and drone only makes it worse.

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.ph...p;amp;B+exhaust

forget the QTP cutouts, go with the DMH...and one of our vendors is having a group buy on them right now. great price and DMH has alot better reputation than QTP. also if you like the sound of your flowmasters you could try some of their 10 series single chamber mufflers... http://performance-curve.com/25centercente...glechamber.aspx pretty much the exact same thing, just no Flowmaster logo stamped in the side. Had two of these on my old truck and they are loud. But again, if youre going to get cutouts get in on the group buy http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=61321 we need 8 more people to make it work!

i did some searches on flowmasters and found that you lose low end power with them. is this true?

also many have been happy with magnaflow and corsa exhausts, which one would be the better route?

and would a true dual be louder than a di/out and which one would result in loss of power, if any?

I have heard that you do lose low end power, I have no proof of it though. I know a member near me changed from Flowmaster to Dynomaxx and I think he likes it better.

As far as Corsa and Magnaflow they are different sounding exhausts and to say if the owner is happy, its all personal flavor and that is why they would choose Magnaflow vs Corsa. One person's dislike, is another's favorite. Listen to exhaust clips and use the search button, that is your way of choosing.

Corsa clips

Magnaflow clips

magnaflow and corsa are both good muffler. if you went with corsa your going to pay a pretty big bill because you have to get the full exhaust setup just not a muffler, but they are deff. a great setup, magnaflows are alot cheaper and seem to be the favorite on the site. the difference between magnaflow/corsa compared to flowmaster is that there a straight through design were flowmasters have baffling inside. obvisouly your not to worried about drone because you want to go louder so you could go with magnaflow race series mufflers. i belive pretty much everybody is happy with corsa exhaust and they should be because there 1000. brand new. some peopel are unhappy with magnaflow because you can get drone out of them. and for your last question i think that you prob be the same amount of sound between true duals and one muffler it would just be a little different sounding between the two. it really a personal preference .

Edited by 03silv.ss (see edit history)

I had a magnaflow in place of the stock muffler and like the sound hated the drone. I just installed my pacesetter long tubes, high flow cats and corsa sports cat back. Love the fact that I have no drone but now the truck sounds like stock until you step on it :D . I'm not sure I like the crack sound vs the magnaflow tone but love the fact I have no more drone.