Question...

A local tranny shop has shot me a price for labor to install my new tt3000 converter and Transgo shift kit w/Corvette servo and new (metal) accumulator pistons:

$440.00 complete

Is this in the ball park of what one should pay for this type of service? Just asking for others experiences and before you mention doing it myself, I've already decided I want a pro to turn the wrench. Don't have the time and don't want the accountability if something goes wrong. (not to mention the "not qualified" part)

Someone please let me know if this is a decent price...

I would ask adams2003 what he paid for his trans work at Waltbuilt Trans. I referred him there and he said they did a good job, but I am not sure what he paid. $440 sounds about right, but I would get a second opinion just to be sure.

Ok guys. Thanks. Sounds like I'm solidly in the ballpark...that was my major concern. I'm trying REALLY hard to make high 13's naturally aspirated, but I'd like to do it without having to install a cam. (I'm at 14.6 now without the torque converter or shift kit which will be in next week) I know...I've got my work cut out for me. I've been wondering, is there a consensus on whether the aftermarket throttlebodys are worthwhile? I've been considering a BBK 80mm thottlebody if it would put me over the hump...wondering if the advertised perormance gains are accurate at all (8-10hp)...

I had AAMCO do the converter swap for me and they charged me $300. Cottman transmissions quoted me $350. I didn't do the servo's, piston or the shift kit at that time so I think your price is very good.

I had AAMCO do the converter swap for me and they charged me $300. Cottman transmissions quoted me $350. I didn't do the servo's, piston or the shift kit at that time so I think your price is very good.

are you running a stall without a shift kit?

Yep. Just tweeked PCM(increased line pressure) and synthetic. When it lets loose, going to FLP.

Did a 14.046 @ 90.89 for my best so far. Tranny is still holding up.

Archived