Knocking On The Door Of 50k

jc06VMAX

the truck is about to roll over 50,000 miles :ughdance: so guess it's time to do some housekeeping. what all needs to be changed/replaced/checked at 50,000 miles? Obviously change the oil and clean the air filter but what else? i just got new brake pads and had the rotors turned.

Maybe flush your brake fluid if your doing a complete brake job. Might not be 100% necessary like the other services mentioned, but just a recomendation.

I did not know if you meant air intake filter or cabin air filter, but I also would recomend both.

Maybe flush your brake fluid if your doing a complete brake job. Might not be 100% necessary like the other services mentioned, but just a recomendation.

I did not know if you meant air intake filter or cabin air filter, but I also would recomend both.

We do not have air cabin filters anymore (newer trucks) GM stopped those in 02/03 I believe

make sure you check the nut between the seat and the steering wheel... :jester::crackup::smash:

i need to find a lady to check those nuts for me daily :jester:

Diff, trans, brake, and coolant fluids

any recommended brands? or brands to stay away from? :huh:

We do not have air cabin filters anymore (newer trucks) GM stopped those in 02/03 I believe

thanks for the info, it must be one of those wierd things like the 03 SS is the only year with a fuel filter :cheers:

any recommended brands? or brands to stay away from? :huh:

I would stick with the same brands you are running currently, thats my opinion. I choose M1 for diffs and the recomended GM fluids for coolant, tranny, and transfer case.