Front Allignment

Badazzchevy327

i have a 05 SS 2wd. i did 2 inch spindles then added eibach keys. i went and got a allignment and it was right outside of specs for camber.

now i cranked them down more so its about a 4 inch drop in the front. i need some kind of kit to fix the camber before i tear through tires monthly. my last resort is upper and lower control arms.. which would be nice to have back stock steering and such. but if anyone knows of a aftermarket camber bolt or something let me know.

thanks

how hard is this kit? do i have to have them pressed in? then a average allignment shop will be able to figure out how to adjust them correct?

yeah, i put a set of these offset bushings in for a customer, then the alignment shop was able to get it right in. A local suspension shop ordered these and I've seen them on e-bay (type in silverado camber, seems like they are about $90-$100 to the door). I took the control arm out and took it back to the sus. shop and they pressed them in for me for $10 (prolly any machine shop or dealership can do it too) then put the control arms back in, fairly easy procedure.

I have also seen a camber plate kit, replaces the sweeping plates on each side of the adj. bolt but i don't have any experience with these

Hope this helps :jester:

DJM UPPER a arms all the way.

This also fixes the horrible balljoint angle. Ive had so many trucks ive done this drop on and the camber in front is horrible and the balljoint angle with the stock upper control arm you will see is way off.

the djm upper a arms are longer and fixes the balljoint angle and you can slam it and not have a issue.

DJM UPPER a arms all the way.

This also fixes the horrible balljoint angle. Ive had so many trucks ive done this drop on and the camber in front is horrible and the balljoint angle with the stock upper control arm you will see is way off.

the djm upper a arms are longer and fixes the balljoint angle and you can slam it and not have a issue.

i also have this issue i took it to a shop to get it aligned and the guy told me it was in red and that he needed to raise the front at least 2 inches to align it correctly......so these djm upper arms would fix this what do they cost?

i also have this issue i took it to a shop to get it aligned and the guy told me it was in red and that he needed to raise the front at least 2 inches to align it correctly......so these djm upper arms would fix this what do they cost?

yes upper a arms fix all of this on the torsen trucks.

yes upper a arms fix all of this on the torsen trucks.

i never thought of just running the uppers. i kept thinking i had to buy lower and uppers which is bunch of money lol. i have the bushing on the way now from summit for 70 shipped. will see how these work out. if not ill order the uppers. now i gotta dail in my keys to get rid of the chevy lean then get it alligned

i never thought of just running the uppers. i kept thinking i had to buy lower and uppers which is bunch of money lol. i have the bushing on the way now from summit for 70 shipped. will see how these work out. if not ill order the uppers. now i gotta dail in my keys to get rid of the chevy lean then get it alligned

did you get the 2 degree or 1 degree kit. Ive used both belltech kits and i would highly recommened the 2 degree kit.

did you get the 2 degree or 1 degree kit. Ive used both belltech kits and i would highly recommened the 2 degree kit.

ya i ordered the 2 degree. figured i would have some safe room.

im thinking i can lower the passenger side shackle one hole and make it match the driver side and fix the lean. but i dont like the look on the driver side.

ya i ordered the 2 degree. figured i would have some safe room.

im thinking i can lower the passenger side shackle one hole and make it match the driver side and fix the lean. but i dont like the look on the driver side.

whats the part number on that?

• 2 weeks later...

well i had the 2 degree bushings pressed in along with some moog balljoints.

everything went great. i brought the parts and my buddy at sears auto pressed it all in for 40 bucks. put the arms back on and some new belltech street perf shocks. went and had a allignment today and everything went right into spec. with a lil bit of room left but not much. the truck rides and feels so much better. positive feel now and no neg camber leaning the tires in.

i also adjusted the t bars before i went this morning so it sits perfect no lean. im deff excited and content now. next is new sway bar end link and a rear sway bar.

hope this helps anyone who goes this route.

Edited by detjoe
double (see edit history)