Yank Converter Question

I just had my Yank SC2600 cut and cleaned for $150. I doubt a re-stall would be much more. I think he said that he would have re-stalled it while there if I wanted it done, but I'm not 100% positive on that. You're looking at $50 minimum for shipping each way as well so take that into account when a new one is only in the mid $400 range to begin with. Also, a new lockup clutch for a yank is $80 (quoted for my cut and clean, but mine didnt need one). If that TT3000 falls through, I have a TT2600 with about 40k miles on it. We can talk price if you want it.

Based on their website the TT series doesnt go past 3000. You might need to purchase a PT or SS series.

Possibly, but Yank will custom stall any converter to a clients specs. They dont make a SC2600 on the website, but he stalled one down for me. It wouldnt hurt to ask if it can be stalled up over 3000, I dont know if can or not. However, with that being said, depending on how much power you are putting it behind, I would re-consider looking at the billet converters, all of which are in the $900 range though. The TT series converters are a factory type design and could be more prone to failure.

Best bet is to call Yank and speak with them. They will answer all of your questions honestly. Tell them what you want and your price range, they will do their best to get you what you want. They always returned my calls promptly the same day as well. Turn around time for the cut and clean was 48 hours, as they promised.

I just had my Yank SC2600 cut and cleaned for $150. I doubt a re-stall would be much more. I think he said that he would have re-stalled it while there if I wanted it done, but I'm not 100% positive on that. You're looking at $50 minimum for shipping each way as well so take that into account when a new one is only in the mid $400 range to begin with. Also, a new lockup clutch for a yank is $80 (quoted for my cut and clean, but mine didnt need one). If that TT3000 falls through, I have a TT2600 with about 40k miles on it. We can talk price if you want it.

I'm going to put a TSP228r cam on a 112 in it eventually. At the very least i'm gonna need a 3200 to be happy with it.

Possibly, but Yank will custom stall any converter to a clients specs. They dont make a SC2600 on the website, but he stalled one down for me. It wouldnt hurt to ask if it can be stalled up over 3000, I dont know if can or not. However, with that being said, depending on how much power you are putting it behind, I would re-consider looking at the billet converters, all of which are in the $900 range though. The TT series converters are a factory type design and could be more prone to failure.

Best bet is to call Yank and speak with them. They will answer all of your questions honestly. Tell them what you want and your price range, they will do their best to get you what you want. They always returned my calls promptly the same day as well. Turn around time for the cut and clean was 48 hours, as they promised.

I can pick this stall up for $350 and it has roughly 20k on it. But like you said. I think they will do whatever you want them to do. I'm not lookin for a $1000 stall to hold 700hp, just somethin to hold maybe 400hp to the wheels. Maybe a 150 shot eventually?

IMO the Yanks are tight converters..

You're absolutely right.

I think $350 for a used converter is a waste of money. My TT2600 has 40k miles on it and I wouldnt ask near that much, but I dont know if it can be re-stalled to what you need. If you are going to spend $350 on a used converter, Yank is going to charge you $150 for a cut, clean, and re-stall at minimum, and $50 shipping ground each way, you just spent $600 for a used converter when you can get a new TT3000 for $575.

I love both of my Yank converters, but if you cant find something to fit your application in your price range, you can always contact Leading Edge Performance (they are a site sponsor now and Zippy also works there now). They mentioned in another thread that they have performance converters starting in the $450 range too. Never hurts to look around at your options.

Edited by Black2003SS (see edit history)

also a lot of power behind the yanks = boom. You need to go to their upper line if you supercharge your SS or add a lot of HP. Seen too many threads on here with their TT line failing. i'd spend the extra money and get a TC I know will last in case you go the supercharger route.