Cali's Registration

T-Bag

There had been some threads lately about the registration fee in Cali. There's a new $154 weight fee for over 5K lbs. I guess V-Max's are rated differently from the SS's. Not sure but I figured I throw this out there for anyone interested. I calculated mine today at DMV.CA.GOV:

Transaction Date: February 22, 2010

Type of Calculation: Registration Renewal

Vehicle License Number: 7xxxxx0

Vehicle Identification Number: 2GCEC19N95128xxxx

Type of Vehicle: Commercial

Model Year: 2005

Make of Vehicle: CHEV

Motive Power: Gas

Number of Axles: 2

Unladen Weight: 4,895 lbs

County: Los Angeles

Zip Code: 91401

Registration Period: Apr 30, 2010 - Apr 30, 2011

Current Registration: 31.00

Current California Highway Patrol: 22.00

Current Weight Fee: 80.00

Current Vehicle License Fee: 175.00

Current County Service Authority for Freeway Emergencies Fee: 1.00

Current Smog Abatement Fee: 2.00

Current Fingerprint ID Fee: 1.00

Current Smog High Polluter Repair Fee: 4.00

Original Smog Abatement: 6.00

Alt Fuel/Tech Smog Fee: 8.00

Current Auto Theft and/or DUI Crime Deterrence Program: 1.00

Current Air Quality Management District: 6.00

Current South Coast Air Basin: 1.00

Alt Fuel/Tech Reg Fee: 3.00

Grand Total Registration Fees: $341.00 total w/out $154 weight fee added!

Edited by dcairns (see edit history)

OMG. I get mad cause I pay $60 for a sticker. How the hell is Cali broke when they get that coin from everyone who drives?

Well, not to go all political it is because California has a little over 25% of the nations welfare cases and a lot of Corporations are bailing out of the state. So the state legislators bend us over and take it too us. Without lube of course. It is that whole "Green" anti SUV hug a tree crap. We just have wwwaaaay to many hippies and welfare cases do you guy's want a few I'll drive them out, stacked in back of my SS I could get a few in the back of the wife's suburban also. Let me know how many your stat would like. sore for the rant :rant:

My reg which is due next month is right around $420 if I remember right (have to look at home). And yes, it's stupid how much we pay in taxes and such and yet the state is still out of money.

:crazy:

im so glad im out of that $hit hole. my registration here is like 100 bucks for 2 years and my insurance dropped to like 1/3 of what i was paying in cali, not to mention that are smog law nearly dont exist i got long tube with no cats and i pass every time.

Edited by idahoBLKss (see edit history)

Well, not to go all political it is because California has a little over 25% of the nations welfare cases and a lot of Corporations are bailing out of the state. So the state legislators bend us over and take it too us. Without lube of course. It is that whole "Green" anti SUV hug a tree crap. We just have wwwaaaay to many hippies and welfare cases do you guy's want a few I'll drive them out, stacked in back of my SS I could get a few in the back of the wife's suburban also. Let me know how many your stat would like. sore for the rant :rant:

:crackup: so true but funny, and you know why the state has so many welfare cases is because the get paid huge amounts of money to be on it , i have a step cousin "total loser" and she has 2 kids with 2 different guys and not married and has never had a job in her life and she gets something like 2200 a month , she dropped out of jr high has no education and she got pronounced as legally insane so they cut her a check for that 2 , so on top of the 2200 a month she gets food stamps and wic so she gets all of her food for free or next to nothing. she tried to move to idaho about 2 years ago guess how much she was going to get? they were giving her about 600 a month plus food stamps lmao, long story short she moved back to california....lmao!!! :cheers::D thank god !

Edited by idahoBLKss (see edit history)

so ridiculous, its expensive here in AZ. I still have not registered my truck yet and i have been here for a year :D . Its going to be around 300 a year for mine but it goes down every year. It use to be 75 every 2 years in Oregon, and it went up to 125 this year with my custom plates