Bed Length

8 UR HMI

hey whats the length from side to side from each side of the cladding? im gonna make my own roll pan soon and i need to know the length connecting the cladding.... i can get sheet metal for cheap and fiberglass the corners and cut it and stuff but i need to know how long of a piece i need to order.. i cant get a measuring tape accurate becuase of the bumper...

Sheet metal and fiberglass don't mix that well, but it is do-able. From what you're saying, it sounds like you want to make the pan outta the sheet metal and fiberglass the ends to match the contour of the cladding. If you do that, it won't have a straight look to it because you're adding the pieces to the end and will have to overlap the ends of the steel center portion. You should either buy a BSER or Puffer (your choice) or make one yourself outta steel or fiberglass. IMHO, make a good mold and start producing fiberglass ones for sale or just make a glass one for yourself. Steel is a bitch to get nice and perfect, and unless you have good experience, all the right tools and machines, forget about getting a steel rollpan to look good on the SS.

I say make a mold (like SSplaytoy suggested) and have exhaust ports, seems like that would be a very hot commodity.

im planning on it. the sheet metal is just for the flat length..... i dont wanna sell them though. i have a job now and wont have anytime for it....

im planning on it. the sheet metal is just for the flat length..... i dont wanna sell them though. i have a job now and wont have anytime for it....

So you plan on makin a mold, but not producing any :confused:

If you want an easy way to tackle your little project, find a piece of foam long and wide enough to fill the gap where the rollpan would go. Cut and shape it down to your desire and take off an extra 1/4" or so around the edges to account for the thickness of the fiberglass. Once you have it shaped, wrap it in aluminum foil really good or if you have aviation tape, even better. Then just fiberglass over the top of it all. IMO, this would probably be the easiest way for you to do it Bob.

thanks............. :wtf:

btw i just put the cladding on to get a measurement for Bob and i do have a bser pan..............

Yep. I see you're just tryin to help Bob out. If anyone takes a look at the pic of the truck, it's plain to see there is no other cladding on it :rolleyes: