Pulls Right Under Hard Braking

SS-1500

Wife just called, she said her SS does a hard right while under hard braking. This just started, anyone experience this or have any ideas what I need to check when she gets home ? It's an 04 SS with around 40k miles. Thoughts?

Thanks Al

The front brakes float on the mounting bolts and when they are not lubed properly the caliper cannot center its self properly on the rotor so my guess would be that you need to take em apart and lube the pins that should fix the problem

The front brakes float on the mounting bolts and when they are not lubed properly the caliper cannot center its self properly on the rotor so my guess would be that you need to take em apart and lube the pins that should fix the problem

Thanks, I'll lobe the pin first and see if it's the root cause. I'm hoping it's not another BS electronic part that costs a fortune.

If it's not the pin should I both checking codes or is this a mechanical problem? I have EFI Live for my Vette, but I've never checked codes on her truck. I don't think her truck has active handling and traction control like my Vette, or does it? I can't believe how little I know about her truck.

Be assured it isn't anything electronic, unless the ABS is kicking on. As stated, make sure all of the pins and slides are lubed properly. CHeck for an imbalance in tire pressure. The very last thing could be a frozen caliper.....possible, but unlikely with that kind of mileage....

I pulled and greased the pins with this stuff (GM Super Lube with PTFE) I picked up from the local dealership. One pin on each side had interesting wear marks, should have taken a few pics but I took the Vette to get the lube and was gone way to long. I'll take her out for a test drive first thing in the morning, I hope it's a fix. While in there I noticed all the grease boots are empty, thanks Mr. Goodwrench for the great service on the last few oil/filter/lube jobs. Also found the rear nut on the upper a-arm was about to fall off. I'll start chasing after all the strange noises coming from the front end next. I gotta keep this thing running, she loves this truck and I really don't want to make a DD out of the Vette, well unless I can get another one. Thanks again for all the help... I'll follow-up tomorrow morning.

Confirmed fix !!!! Thanks all. :cheers:

2 additional things I noticed. I seem to have a better feel to the brakes, no surprise and it seems to be quieter. Is it possible the hung up caliper was causing the front end to chatter/grind while backing into a parking spot ? Seems like a stretch to me, I'll get the wife's feedback in a few hours. Thanks again guys.

I pulled and greased the pins with this stuff (GM Super Lube with PTFE) I picked up from the local dealership. One pin on each side had interesting wear marks, should have taken a few pics but I took the Vette to get the lube and was gone way to long. I'll take her out for a test drive first thing in the morning, I hope it's a fix. While in there I noticed all the grease boots are empty, thanks Mr. Goodwrench for the great service on the last few oil/filter/lube jobs. Also found the rear nut on the upper a-arm was about to fall off. I'll start chasing after all the strange noises coming from the front end next. I gotta keep this thing running, she loves this truck and I really don't want to make a DD out of the Vette, well unless I can get another one. Thanks again for all the help... I'll follow-up tomorrow morning.

"rear nut on a-arm" loose, this sounds like a problem, this is one of the alignment adjusting cams, better get you're alignmnet checked as well.