06 Vmax

bigreds10

i got a 06 silverado vortecMAX back in july of 09. i payed 24k OTD. the truck had 36,360mi on it. it has leather, sunroof, BOSE, crew cab, 4wd, onstar, XM, rear factory entertainment system, skid plates from front diff to transmission,and so on fully loaded. was that a good buy? and how would i find out my transmission? if i have 4L60E or 4L65E or hopefully what i have 4L70E.

post-19930-1267083118_thumb.jpg

post-19930-1267083130_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the site! Congrats on the truck seems like a decent deal to me,I believe your truck has the 4L65E. :cheers:

i typed my VIN into a website and this is what they gave me as my engine package. i dont know what the M70 transmition is, but hopefully its the 4L70E. but it could be the 4L65E. thats why im on here haha :driving:

VORTECMAX PERFORMANCE PACK, includes (LQ9) Engine, Vortec high-output 6000 V8 with "VortecMax" engine cover and door badge that reads "Vortec Max", (M70) Transmission, 4-speed automatic, super duty, (GT5) Rear axle, 4.10 ratio (includes (GT4) Rear axle, 3.73 ratio on CC15543 models, (G80) Differential, locking, heavy-duty, rear, (ZX3) Suspension Package, Ride-Control, (KC4) Cooling, external engine oil cooler, (KNP) Cooling, external transmission oil cooler, auxiliary, and (Z82) Trailering equipment, heavy-duty (Requires C

15753 or C.15543 Models. Requires (P25) Wheels, 4-17" x 7.5" (43.2 cm x 19.1 cm) 6-lug polished cast aluminum, (QJM) Tires, P265/70R17, on-/off-road, White outlined-letter or (QJP) Tires, P265/70R17, on-/off-road, blackwall. Option content within this package may not be substituted or deleted. -Not available with (ZY2) Paint, two-tone, (NW7) Traction assist system, electronic, (Z71) Suspension Package, Off-Road, (Z83) Supsension package, Solid Smooth Ride, (Z85) Suspension Package, Handling/Trailering or any (SEO) Special Equipment Options)

I believe the M70 option code is the 4l70e from what I've read on google.

thats what im hopeing i just went outside to see what rear end i have and i have the 14 bolt 4.10 gear rear end.