Tired Of All The Bs...have To Vent!

SSThunder

Got a letter with my electric bill yesterday. Rates are going up. also saw a story in the paper and the water rates will probably be going up again and they just went up a couple months ago becaue the EPA sued the water company. Dish prices seem to jump a few bucks every 3 or 4 months. Just pisses me off all my bills go up faster than my salary. Even though my company is doing alright, raises are crappy so I might add $50 more per month to my check if that and insurance went up so basically I'm going backwards in the cash flow area. :mad: Economy sucks but oil prices keep going up because "they" say the economy is going to get better and we will "use" more oil. It's all a load OF BS!! Tired of companies raises rates because they want to make more money or they screw up and I have to pay for it. :fume::mad::nono::banghead::M16::idiot:

i want all these f'ing CEOs to pay for my rates increaes with their million dollar bonues. It's f*cked up!!

I agree about it all man. Not much you can do about the oil prices unless you wanna drive a Prius, electric car, or ride a bicycle, but I say live off the grid man. Make your own power, pump your own water, jack a satellite signal, and tell all those other companies to go suck on a big fat one!

We are all in the same boat and it is only a matter of time before drastic changes are made on an international level. It is the result of a greedy "global" economy. Our incomes are dropping as third world countries incomes are increasing. Its basically a leveling effect. When our economy was its own pond, our level of our pond was dictated by our own actions. Same with those third world countries. When we started shipping jobs over seas, price of goods didnt go down, they remained the same. Those countries started demanding higher salaries as "slave labor" is banned in those countries. So our cost of goods continue to rise. The "global" economy effect basically dug a ditch between their pond and ours. Their pond level was MUCH lower than ours. Well, we all know what happens, water seeks an equal level. So our pond has been draining for years, filling theirs up to our level. This has been happening for about 30yrs or so. US personal income has been decreasing for over 20yrs as cost of living has risen.

It really sucks. We truly need to shut our borders to trade, and quite frankly, I see a new revolution (not a violent one though) re-establishing unions, sit-ins, etc. When someone in Washington, an economist, stated that permanent employment no longer exists, you know we have destroyed this country from an economic standpoint. Pensions are gone, thing of the past, and many many folks no longer ahve 401ks as they have liquidated them to either survive or maintain lifestyles they were used to.

I could rant on for hours and hours on this subject myself. I work as hard or harder than I did 5yrs ago, and have less to show for it.

You are right though, raises, on average around 3-5% are not keeping pace with the true cost of living. If someone who made $50k 10yrs ago and received 5% raises every year (we all know this doesnt even happen anymore, sometimes facing pay cuts), they would now be making in the realm of $61-62k per year doing the math in my head, maybe a tad more. But gas has almost tripled in that timeframe. Gas and electric bills have doubled. Cable costs have doubled or tripled, especially with high speed internet and phone costs. Costs of homes have gone up, even though those are finally starting to come down to reasonable levels and I personally feel from an economis sense that home prices falling are a leading indicator of things to come.

I dont think we are out of the woods, I think the last 3yrs are just the tip of the iceberg, especially with Washington (read into neither political party, but Washington as a whole) spending us into oblivion. Take a fresh look at Japan and their linguiring recession for over 10yrs and now at Spain with 19% unemployment, then take a look at CHINAS screaming economy and job growth. WTF did people think were going to happen? Yeah, those jeans we all wear made in Taiwan and China? We sold out our country, plain as day. Manufacturing is a thing of the past. Manufacturing was the backbone of our middle class economy. When you cut out the backbone of anything, it can no longer live.

^^^^^^^ Could have not said it better myself. The only thing I will add is that the CEO's and big companys are killing us just as bad as Washington. I work for a very large company, probally top 5 in nation, and I see what they make but screw thier workers and customers to death while wasting more money than one can imagine. All they care about is a good looking stock and their multi-million bonuses. I know the dept. I'm in profited them 2.1 billion in the 4th quarter last year but yet they still are cutting our benifits and looking to get rid of us at any chance they can get and the sad part of all of this is that our union is in bed with them and letting them get away with it while trying to make us like it.

Got a letter with my electric bill yesterday. Rates are going up. also saw a story in the paper and the water rates will probably be going up again and they just went up a couple months ago becaue the EPA sued the water company. Dish prices seem to jump a few bucks every 3 or 4 months. Just pisses me off all my bills go up faster than my salary. Even though my company is doing alright, raises are crappy so I might add $50 more per month to my check if that and insurance went up so basically I'm going backwards in the cash flow area. :mad: Economy sucks but oil prices keep going up because "they" say the economy is going to get better and we will "use" more oil. It's all a load OF BS!! Tired of companies raises rates because they want to make more money or they screw up and I have to pay for it. :fume::mad::nono::banghead::M16::idiot:

i want all these f'ing CEOs to pay for my rates increaes with their million dollar bonues. It's f*cked up!!

i feel your pain but dont complain if you buy Chinese made products or any out of the country product. i know everybody is guilty of it including my self but we are all responsible for it, we want everything to be cheap there fore they got to ship it out of the country to get it made "cheap". until we shut our boarders it will never get better and dont expect that to ever happen now that china basicly owns america.

Man I agree with you 100%... Damn the man... Everything goes up and my hrs at work get cut to 35hrs, I love it.. God Bless Corp America.... :banghead:

its all about lifestyle, once you go up, you cant go down... keep it simple and you will be alright. in the end, you will find that the best things in life are free. those guys up top are so full of greed and will die miserable only to realize that their total exhistance was a waste of time cause they will die lonely.

Its just part of life that you just have to deal with it. I don't like the prices of things going up either, but I'm not going to let it eat at me. My water bill just went up 60% but what are you going to do?