Tailgate Thefts

1tweeker

I had it, worked great with my locking tonneau cover, but then the tailgate lock broke. I need order another.

edit- from what I know the thief would break the handle on the tailgate and it should stay locked, I cannot say this for sure as it has not happened to me.

Edited by 03mass (see edit history)

If you're any good with electronics, buy a cheap stun gun, change the resistors and transistors in it to up the amps. Then wire the leads to a metal strip placed on the under side of the handle with the latch inside wired to a switch. When a thief goes to steal the gate and pulls on the handle, his hand will be fried and he'll get the shock of his life.

Just another one of my crazy security ideas :cheers:

:withstupid: Thats what Im talking about! I want it for the entire body of the truck though, I read an article about that same system about a rap producer in NYC and his Denali awhile back.

If I can get some help from other members on here, maybe an electrical engineer or equivalent, I would like to design and develop a few security systems. One similar to the I mentioned above, and another one involving the airbag :ninja: