Programmers & performance mods

kamikaze

Hey everyone,

I'm a newbie here on this kool forum :thumbs: ! I was wondering if anyone had purchased any of the programmers out there (Hypertech, Jet, etc.). As far as performance mods, I've got the Volant air box so far and was thinking of the Granatelli MAF or a programmer next. I can get a GMS MAF for around $270 and the programmers seem to be upwards of $350. Any suggestions would be welcome :D !

All the pics of your trucks are awesome! With all of the mods everyone is doing to their SS's I guess I came to the right forum to get ideas.

Keep up the great work everybody :cheers: !

Later,

Kamikaze

Welcome to the site. You definately came to the right place for ideas for your ss.

The Volant air intake is a good start, but dont waste your money on the Granatelli MAF sensor. There not worth the money and you wont even be able to feel a difference in power, especially considering your very lightly modified.

Programmers will give you a little better performance, but getting a custom programmed pcm is the way to go. If you do a search, youll find that everybody that's experienced the use of programmers and also a custom tuned pcm say that theres no comparison.

Check out this link for one of our vendors here that reprograms pcm's.

pcmforless.com

Archived