Wanted

hottelboy

im looking to buy performance upgrades for my ss all i have is a cold air intake otherwise stock i need alot but on a budget of course and dont have alot of know how on newer engine setups so please dont try to sell me something that wont do me any good until ive put 5 grand in motor first. any help is great thanks

Look at getting a custom tune done.. black bear or wheatley, also get some exhaust on it.

If your budget truely is 5,000, You can easily pop a radix on it, toss in a shift kit, buy a tune, and have a pretty dang quick truck :cheers:

im looking to buy performance upgrades for my ss all i have is a cold air intake otherwise stock i need alot but on a budget of course and dont have alot of know how on newer engine setups so please dont try to sell me something that wont do me any good until ive put 5 grand in motor first. any help is great thanks

budget/power goals first?

will this be a daily driver?

asking for so much with so little detail...

Look at getting a custom tune done.. black bear or wheatley, also get some exhaust on it.

If your budget truely is 5,000, You can easily pop a radix on it, toss in a shift kit, buy a tune, and have a pretty dang quick truck

dont think his budget is 5k, think he was saying that he doesnt want to put 5k into the engine before he starts seeing numbers, as far as a tune, it would be ppointless to tune something then have it retuned again... budget/goals, daily driver?

Edited by dAt_nEw_gUy (see edit history)

dont think his budget is 5k, think he was saying that he doesnt want to put 5k into the engine before he starts seeing numbers, as far as a tune, it would be ppointless to tune something then have it retuned again... budget/goals, daily driver?

this is my dd and yes ii meant dont want to put 5k in before i see results i saw the pacesetter lts (how to)on here and think thats gonna be first i have flowmasters from my old hotrod truck think im gona try them out to

Best bang for your buck would be gettin a set of LT headers and a custom tune. Then I would start workin on the trans. Shift kit and servos would be a good start there. As for the Flowmaster :uhoh: I'm not a big fan and they have way too much drone. I'm more than satisfied with the sound of my Dynomax mufflers.

Best bang for your buck would be gettin a set of LT headers and a custom tune. Then I would start workin on the trans. Shift kit and servos would be a good start there. As for the Flowmaster :uhoh: I'm not a big fan and they have way too much drone. I'm more than satisfied with the sound of my Dynomax mufflers.

what is servo and drone ? sorry

thanks i think i like the sound of the magnaflow

ok this may be a dumb question but are servos something i can do or what exactly are they? thanks im learningn this new lingo its just gona talk alittle bit of time

Don't take this into offense, but if you are unaware of what they are or what they do, it wouldn't be wise to attempt it yourself. If you have tools and are mechanically inclined however, then it is a relatively easy task.

Don't take this into offense, but if you are unaware of what they are or what they do, it wouldn't be wise to attempt it yourself. If you have tools and are mechanically inclined however, then it is a relatively easy task.

i have no clue what they are but as far as mechanically incline im ok no pro but i have some expierence

Technically the best bang for the buck is a good stall converter. You can see a big difference in times just by getting the 5200lb boat moving out of the hole. A big converter does require tuning.