There Was Something In The Air Today In Erie.........

stg313

I have been living in Erie Pennsylvania for about 2 years now and my SSS has been my daily driver the entire time. Sure I have had my fair share of races over the past 2 years but for some reason, today was different. It started out with me reading the SSS.com forums last night, which always puts me in the mood to drive. So first thing this morning on my way to class I was in a spirited driving sort of mood and was really gettin on it out of turns. Yes, behavior like this could potentially attract a race but nothing out of the ordinary occurred until later in the day when that driving mood had worn off. So it all started with some young girl in her Grand Prix. From what I could tell it only had a rediculiously huge spoiler and a fart pipe. After her messing with me long enough, I gave in and ended up at about 70 in a 35. Needless to say, she had no chance. I laughed it off like I do most races in this area and went on with my day. Little did I know that just 10 minutes later I would pull up next to a shiny new Camaro SS with paper license plates on it. The driver was exactly what I was hoping for: a young guy looking to see what his new car could do. And before I could even express that I wanted a race he started revving his engine and pointing forwards. Chalk one up to the Camaro cuz damn can those things move! (Chevy needs to do something about that exhaust note though, sounds terrrible.) Feeling ok with myself knowing that I lost to my current dream car I went on with my day feeling shameless. And the perfect ending to the day was 2 guys in an old Toyota Celica that knew exactly what they were looking at. I was on the phone at the time and this guy pulled up next to me with his window down and started revving his engine and motioning for me to put my window down. He told me of how he test drove an SS before and how he really wanted one but he had to settle for his Celica because the SSS was out of his price range. (for the record, i would NEVER cross shop these 2 vehicles lol) But of course he wanted a race too, stop light to stop light. Despite the distraction of being on the phone (Yeah, I'm that guy. I know its coming) and not noticing when the light went green I was still able to pull out a victory. All in all it was another exciting day of SSS ownership and one that I will not forget anytime soon. Now I really want that Camaro............. Guess the R6 is going to have to wait!