Oc On Mirror

JCarlton

Has anybody else in here ever had their rearview mirror read OC instead of the outside (ambiant) temperature? I've replaced my sensors right behind the grille and still nothing. Chevrolet wants for me to pay them $100+ just to diagnose the problem. I'm hoping somebody knows so I don't have to pay them so much for a loose wire or something.

All it displays is OC?, have you tried the buttons on the bottom of the mirror?, also just a thought try to unplug the wires and let it "reset" and plug them back in....I had to do that on mine when I replaced my windshield last year....

All it displays is OC?, have you tried the buttons on the bottom of the mirror?, also just a thought try to unplug the wires and let it "reset" and plug them back in....I had to do that on mine when I replaced my windshield last year....

Yeah that is all it says is OC for the temperature. The compass part still works fine. I've tried to find whatever fuse runs it but can't locate it. Where is the plug located at for the mirror? I will give that a try next.

OC means out of calibration, mirror is prob toast. not cheap either. the plug is on the back side of the mirror

I hope the mirror isn't toast. If so I guess I will be going without knowing the temperature.

have you done any work on the frotn end of the truck? maybe disconnected the sensor?

Yeah there was front end work done on it before. I can't remember if it come on right after that. I have since replaced the sensor thinking that was it and nothing happened. I'm wondering if there was a wire pulled out somewhere. I've tried to track the wiring, but its a little difficult to follow all the harnesses.

have you done any work on the frotn end of the truck? maybe disconnected the sensor?

i think if the sensor is unplugged it reads a default value :dunno:, but the pigtail should read very close to 5 volts across it open circuit

i think if the sensor is unplugged it reads a default value :dunno:, but the pigtail should read very close to 5 volts across it open circuit

Ok so if I do that and check the voltage through the wiring today. Is open circuit bad or good? I'm not good with electrical stuff.

Edited by JCarlton (see edit history)

Ok so if I do that and check the voltage through the wiring today. Is open circuit bad or good? I'm not good with electrical stuff.

open circuit would indicate there is a break in the wiring or sensor . you would want to test voltage at the mirror and sensor.

open circuit would indicate there is a break in the wiring or sensor . you would want to test voltage at the mirror and sensor.

I'll have to borrow a volt meter and give it a shot. Hopefully it will be an easy fix.