Cam Swap And Dod Delete By Tootall <vid Inside

tootall

call me a noob if ya want but wtf is a DOD and what dont you want it anymore? that cam sounds like its gonna thump pretty nice!!

i was thinking about asking that, figured id let someone else ask first :thumbs:

call me a noob if ya want but wtf is a DOD and what dont you want it anymore? that cam sounds like its gonna thump pretty nice!!

it's so that you can run bigger lift/duration cams with high shift points . . . and not worry about the DOD lifters collapsing

I'll have another vid up later on with pics of each

better double check the pushrod length. Most of comps cams have a smaller base circle and the LS7 lifters also have a deeper plunger.

that's a negative . . . LS7 lifters have a .050 "thou" shorter cup . . .

where is the vid :dry:

Video is updated . . . check it out !

very nice!

:cheers: yes sir !

ive done cam swaps on older model engines without computers and allthe sensors is there any thing to know ahead of time thats easily messed up when doing theses swaps ?

The heads and intake can usually stay on . . . . the lifters are rollers . . . The timing is dot to dot . . . so it's dead nuts on

:cheers: yes sir !

The heads and intake can usually stay on . . . . the lifters are rollers . . . The timing is dot to dot . . . so it's dead nuts on

awesome thanks when i start if i run in too anything ill hollar thanks again

that's a negative . . . LS7 lifters have a .050 "thou" shorter cup . . .

Video is updated . . . check it out !

yes they have a deeper cup just as I said above. We will see but to do all that work and assume the push rod length is shear ignorance. You will also find out at some point in time you need to actual degree the cam to make sure it was ground correctly and also to judge how loose your timing chain is.

Edited by sprayed99 (see edit history)

yes they have a deeper cup just as I said above. We will see but to do all that work and assume the push rod length is shear ignorance. You will also find out at some point in time you need to actual degree the cam to make sure it was ground correctly and also to judge how loose your timing chain is.

so you're saying that the new replacement LS7 lifters . . . have a deeper cup vs the older style lifters . . .