Need Help With Blower Mods

I have a 2004 SS Silverado with a Magna blower. I purchased the truck with the blower on it and belive that everything else is stock. What is the max PSI that I can run granted everthing is still stock? I am looking to purchase a smaller pulley and get everything tuned as I belive I am only pushing 5 PSI.

Does anyone know where I could get a smaller pulley for my blower? I have searched around online but havent really found anything promising. I am also looking for someone in the bay area who does good Dyno tuning.

Today someone suggested purchasing EFIlive, a tuning softwear. Does anyone have experience with that?

Presently the truck is running a 13.9 and my goal is to be in the 12's. Do you think a tune and pulley mod is what I need to focus on?

Questions? Comments? Suggestions?

Thanks so much for your time.

~Nikki

welcome to the site :chevy:

the lowest sized pulley you could go with is a 2.8 which would net you around 8 to 9 psi that is also gonna depend on supporting mods.with the blower your gonna need a good breathing exhaust and lt headers and dont forget about the transmision.brake that piggy bank :smash: and post some pics of your sss :cheers:

heres a link for the pulleyshttp://www.pulleyboys.com/store/product.ph...t=37&page=1

i wouldn't go any smaller than a 2.8" Pulley....Pulley boys sells them on e-bay...I have another one sitting around here if your interested i can let it go for $50 shipped. There site is below.

http://www.pulleyboys.com/store/home.php?cat=37

Here is a pulley to belt size chart

Pulley size -Belt Size -Boost psi.(apx.) - Goodyear# - Gates#

2.75" Pulley = 111.0 " Belt = 9 to 10 psi. - P/N=4061110 - P/N=K061110

2.8" Pulley = 111.0 " Belt = 8.5 to 9 psi - P/N=4061110 - P/N=K061110

2.9" Pulley = 111.5 " Belt = 7.5 to 8 psi. - P/N=4061115 - P/N=K061115

3.0" Pulley = 111.5 " Belt = 7.0-7.5 psi. - P/N=4061115 - P/N=K061115

3.1" Pulley = 112.0 " Belt = ---6--- psi. - P/N=4061120 - P/N=K061120

3.3" Pulley = 112.0 " Belt = 5 to 6.5 psi. - P/N = 4061120 - P/N=K061120

Edited by brobradh77 (see edit history)

I wish I could talk to the previous owner but I bought it from a dealership that did not know much. The car has a few things done to it that would lead me to believe a dealership installed the blower and he would have had it done right. When a blower is added does that mean that the Mass air sensor, fuel injectors and chip would have to be done?

If the Mass air sensor and injectors where not done do I need to do that if I am going to run 8-9lbs of boost and get a tune?

Thank you for all the repies I am going to go with a 2.8" pulley and try to get it tuned this week. Please keep the suggestions coming.

I wish I could talk to the previous owner but I bought it from a dealership that did not know much. The car has a few things done to it that would lead me to believe a dealership installed the blower and he would have had it done right. When a blower is added does that mean that the Mass air sensor, fuel injectors and chip would have to be done?

If the Mass air sensor and injectors where not done do I need to do that if I am going to run 8-9lbs of boost and get a tune?

Thank you for all the repies I am going to go with a 2.8" pulley and try to get it tuned this week. Please keep the suggestions coming.

im still running my stock maf with no problems but if you go lower than a 3.0 pulley then your gonna need some 60 lb injectors.as far as a chip get a custom tune its alot better,i recommend blackbear performance