Wanted: Pacesetter Info & Pics

hey guys im thinking of doing pacesetters and loosing the cats, i was wondering if anyone had pics of the underside of their truck with out cats i want to see how much new pipe is used to connect the headers to the stock exh.. any info will help so please let me know

thanks in advance

thanks for the pic and write up.. i read it at work a few weeks back and for got all about it (couldnt see the pics at work).. did you burn anything up with the open headers on the way to the exhaust shop? have you had any leaks reusing the stock gaskets? and most importiant... is it a good mod?

instead of reusing your stock gaskets, stop by your local dealer and pick up a new set...they run about 15 bucks per side and theyre alot better than the gaskets youre going to get with the headers. youre not gunna burn anything up running it open to the exhaust shop, just dont hot rod it around town for a few days, take it straight there. Also, make sure if you get it tuned to shut off the rear O2s.

thanks for the pic and write up.. i read it at work a few weeks back and for got all about it (couldnt see the pics at work).. did you burn anything up with the open headers on the way to the exhaust shop? have you had any leaks reusing the stock gaskets? and most importiant... is it a good mod?

no problem. no problems on the way to the exhaust shop. i did throw some codes though...said it was running lean...but after i got everything welded up and all the leaks fixed they went away and everything worked well. just don't raise hell on the way to the exhaust shop...if anything, you're liable to make people's ears bleed :jester:

i reused the stock gaskets and haven't had any leaks, but like zach said, can't hurt to get some new ones, esp at that low of a price. definitely a great mod...gained power and sounds great. adding headers has been my favorite mod so far besides the tune.