Tuner Lugs

CTSSS

So I was going to put on my rims the other day. I bought them used with lugs. I come to find out that the lug wrench wont fit on the lugs in side the wheel because it was too tight. I tried using a ratchet and it was still real tight. I could tell that these lugs although they may work, were not right for the rims. I researched a little and found out that they make lugs with a spline drive on the outside called "tuner" lugs. They are to fit in aftermarket rims and use a tool that tightens it. Anyone else had to use tuner lugs on their rims?

So I was going to put on my rims the other day. I bought them used with lugs. I come to find out that the lug wrench wont fit on the lugs in side the wheel because it was too tight. I tried using a ratchet and it was still real tight. I could tell that these lugs although they may work, were not right for the rims. I researched a little and found out that they make lugs with a spline drive on the outside called "tuner" lugs. They are to fit in aftermarket rims and use a tool that tightens it. Anyone else had to use tuner lugs on their rims?

Ihad a set of those lugs with my Z71. The tool they gave me for it ended up cracking....I found a socket to fit it at sears.....I think it was a 16 point socket deep well. I don't know if yours is the same...but it's worth a shot. If they have a impact socket that will fit....get that one. If not standard one will work....hopefully. If that works.....make sure you check them after the first 100 miles....then again at 300....and at 600 untill you know they won't back out on you. When I bought my rims, the tech warned me about that, and he was right

Edited by SS Muscle Truck (see edit history)