Spark Plugs And Wires

canton

i am about to change the spark plugs and wires on my 2004 silverado what advise would ya give me i don't really know about what brands are good or anything and if ya could get me a price if ya have experience on this... thank you!!!

Dan will probably jump in here real soon and give you a detailed breakdown of part numbers and prices.

A set of MSD or Taylors are the popular choice of wires (usually around 80-100 bucks) and plugs are kinda different among us. I prefer NGK plugs. The NGK TR-55's are like $1.69 a piece. Better than paying 10 bucks or more for an iridium super duper triple quadruple prong plug..( bogus imo )

edit: How many miles are on the truck, what mods do you have, and what other tune up stuff have you done already?

Edited by SSplaytoy (see edit history)

Dan will probably jump in here real soon and give you a detailed breakdown of part numbers and prices.

:ninja:

For spark plugs, go with either an NGK TR55ix #7164 or an AC Delco # 41-985. For wires, go with MSD # 32829 or Taylor #79205(red) or #79605(blue)...

thank you . i am just staring to fix up my truck it don't really have much to it i'm about to do a cam swap on it next week. on miles it has about 100,000 on it but i got it used with like 60k. and well i just got some parts painted this week and forgot that i needed spark plugs. so now that has to be next no exceptions.

A set of MSD or Taylors are the popular choice of wires (usually around 80-100 bucks) and plugs are kinda different among us. I prefer NGK plugs. The NGK TR-55's are like $1.69 a piece. Better than paying 10 bucks or more for an iridium super duper triple quadruple prong plug..( bogus imo )

edit: How many miles are on the truck, what mods do you have, and what other tune up stuff have you done already?

Just asking? Doesn't the 2004+ come from the factory with Iridium plugs????

What all do you get out of changing your plugs and wires?

Bigger spark plug wires deliver a hotter, cleaner, more efficient spark while using less energy.....they have a much lower resistance then a smaller wire. Worn spark plugs can cause incomplete combustion of fuel, causing poor fuel mileage and can hurt performance. Fresh spark plugs are always a good bet.....

Bigger spark plug wires deliver a hotter, cleaner, more efficient spark while using less energy.....they have a much lower resistance then a smaller wire. Worn spark plugs can cause incomplete combustion of fuel, causing poor fuel mileage and can hurt performance. Fresh spark plugs are always a good bet.....

Thanks now I just gotta get some