Had some fun with a Harley & SL600

GEAR M UP

Story #1

Monday as I was coming home I ran into a Harley. No not a Ford Harley a Road King that was built. He looks over at me and gives me the nod, and we were off. He started out about a bike ahead of me and by the time I hit 110 he was 3-4 bike lengths ahead of me. He pulled over at the next light and waved me down. It was the seen out of Predator, "What the hell are you?" I show him what’s under my hood and he starts talking about how much $$$ he has in his bike. From heads/cam/carb/exhaust been dyne’d at 100hp/100tq and ran in the high 11's low 12's at the track. I felt better getting walked after he told me how much he had in his.

Story #2

I was coming home last night from the golf course in the Z06, and while sitting at the light two guys in a SL600 convertible V-12, with Dealer plates. The passenger, a Salesman looking guy wants to run. The light turn green, I get the hole shot and bet them by a car length. I gave them wave... :seeya: and head into the gas station. Well they follow me to the gas station, and they both get out and ask me if my car was stock? The Salesman looking guy was really a salesman. He told the driver that he would smoke me. I told them it’s completely stock and mine was $100K less! From what I can tell, the driver was out on a test drive and the salesman was pissed because I smoked his $140,000 car.

I don't mess with ANY bikes. ;) Even a lazy dual-sport thumper can easily run 15 flat.

I ran into a NASTY Harley with my old muscle car like, 5-6 years back? It was all custom - low and long. It had a big fat rear tire - before they got so popular here, and before they looked like sportbike tires. It was much more drag bike looking than chopper.

I pulled up behind it at a light, and all I heard over my car was the "Bop, BopBop, BopBop" of the cam. It's night time, kinda late. We're on a 55mph highway. Nobody else around. With the car I had, I never had to throw a rev for a race. Even dads in minivans would entice me at lights for a little exhibition. (it's just too bad the car was more show than go)

The light goes green, and this guy HAMMERS the bike out of the hole with a explosion of noise that resembled a open header dragster launching. It just swatted, HOOKED HARD, and it was gone in a couple clicks of the shifter. I've never (still, until this day) seen a Harley based motor roar to life like that, and pull those RPM's as quick as this bike did.

Even if I had my sportbike handy, there was absolutely NO WAY I could have taken this thing out of the hole... and the bike is capable of 10.6-10.8 stock.

Your second story is AWESOME. I'll never buy anything other than an American V8. ;)

Archived