Ss Emblem On The Seats

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok just finished mine and they came out badass they match the outside ss emblems :cheers: thanks brian i owe you a dosx.i used a q-tip as that worked for me alot better only used 1/4 of the bottle o well i got two just incase

erasethese001.jpg

erasethese002.jpg

erasethese005.jpg

Edited by blackbeast ss (see edit history)

yeah!!!!!!!!its really easy i just took my time,now you can see the emblems from the outside :cheers:

Damn, I would think painting them still on the seat in the truck would suck. I took mine off and painted them on the bench in the garage. Eh, either way they look good!!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOW DID YOU REMOVE THEM???????

Theres a tiny pin on one of the bars for each headrest. Take a paperclip and push it in and it pulls out of the seat. Kind of a locking pin, gotta kinda look for it or you wont know its there

I started doing this yesterday with testors brand silver paint. I tried using both small paint brushes as well as q-tips and the q-tips proved way easier to use. I bought the smallest bottle they sell and dumped small amounts of paint into the cap and just dipped the q-tip in that. It's super easy and requires no artistic skill, just a steady hand. If you soak the qtip you can just set it near the edge of the embroidery and push down. The threads will absorb the paint and cover everything in the area! No need to mask off the letters or anything, it's super easy. I let it dry and decided I need a second coat, I just hope it's as easy as the first. I'll put up pictures once I put them back in the truck, prob 2 days. I hope this helps some of you that are scared to get paint on your leather!