Started The Lowering Of The Truck But Not Finished Yet

Well guys I started on lowering the car yesterday and we got the front done and it looks good. We came acrossed a snag on the rear cuz of where you got to cut the rivets out of the stock shackle on the drivers side near the tank. I have to work today but my buddy said hed get it done today hopefully. Also I did the antenna delte mod using the Escalade cowl piece and that looks good. As well as we had to remove the hitch for the loweing kit install and I believe IM just goin to keep it off to mke it look clearner and for a lil less weight.

Well guys I started on lowering the car yesterday and we got the front done and it looks good. We came acrossed a snag on the rear cuz of where you got to cut the rivets out of the stock shackle on the drivers side near the tank. I have to work today but my buddy said hed get it done today hopefully. Also I did the antenna delte mod using the Escalade cowl piece and that looks good. As well as we had to remove the hitch for the loweing kit install and I believe IM just goin to keep it off to mke it look clearner and for a lil less weight.

Torching out the rivets make it go much faster.......

yeah it sucks to have to loosen the entire tank for that one bolt,,,I managed to do it once without moving the tank, I used a bar and pried the tank over enough to get it out, I don't really recommend doing it that way, I thought I was gonna poke a hole in the tank before I pried it over enough,then I cut that one bolt down a little so It would go back easier,,

I will post pics soon as we get the truck finished, lol. We have it 3/4 of the way done now. We just got to drop the pass rear now. Wont get it done til Thursday as my buddy has work and church tomorrow. I must say the truc has a killer stance as of now even with jsut three corners done. Its sits a lil off right now where it the pass rear isnt done yet but it will even out soon as we get it done Im sure. I will post pics soon as I get the truck finished.

Ok we got the kit on and done, but the only thing is the front was up an inch higher than the back. We used the highe hole in the back on the shackles. So I figured wed crank down the T-bars a lil so we did to even it out. Have any of you experienced a Belltech 2/3/4 drop kit to be off an inch in the front like this?

Edited by firehawknwv (see edit history)

Ok, I just talked to Tony and he said that since I used the top hole and turned down the t-bars Im actually at a 3/4 drop instead of a 2/3 drop. The truck looks good but Ive not driven it yet so dont know how it rides. I also have to get it aligned which they migh have a prob with since its lowered but well c how it goes. I havent put the Belltech street shocks on yet but soon will so I know that will stiffen it up and wont let it rebound as much.

Ok I picked up truck today but the front is still a tad lower than the back after we adjusted the t-bars. I can get 2 fingers in the rear fender well but I cant in the front. Im going to take measurements tomorrow and see how it sets. I may have to lift the t-bars back up.

Edited by firehawknwv (see edit history)

I had to do adjust on the fly as well. When we got done, lowered it and drove it around the neighborhood to let everything settle. Even got in the back of the bed and jumped up and down a few times. lol. Took measurments and adjusted accordingly. My left side sits a tad lower than the right, due to the fuel tank. My next step is c-notch the rear frame. Makes a BIG difference in ride quality

Yea but I didnt think it would settle as much as it did. We raised the t-bars back up tonight and so far the entire truck sits at 32 3/4 . Almost on the mark all around. Ill take pics tomorrow and post them in the pics section.