Raced a 4.6L 2003 Mustang

Jspeeddemon

My wife's cousin has a 4.6L 2003 mustang GT completely stock that I raced over this past weekend. We raced twice on Saturday night, on a clear interstate from 45-85 and it was real close. The first time he jumped out a little early and we stayed even once his rear bumper was at my front bumper. After slowing down to go again I got a good jump on him from 45 and he never made up the car length advantage, I shut it down at 90. So Sunday night I suggested we go from a slow roll around 15-20, he got me by a slow progressive lead that was a car length at about 40, from there the race was similar to the interstate race, real close.

It was a lot of un, I have been racing various rides for years. I didn't take it dead out of the dig because I knew I would be able to bust him with 60 ft time vs the stang. I wanted to see my weight disadvantage and hp advantage versus his weight advantage and hp disadvantage. He knows I have him covered, if I had been driving my 03 ZO6 his ass was toast. That same night before I raced the stang a Dakota 5.9 R/T, was beside me and rolled his window down, told me he loved my truck. I gave him the Tomahawk chop for let's run and he didn't take off with me, however when I slowed down for my turn lane he punched it and came by. How do you think that would have turned out?

was it a regular cab or club cab (extended).. I know the club cabs usually run around 15.5-6 down here stock.. and the reg cab's 15.3-1.5 (funny how close they are in times, for the different weight...)

it truely depends on your truck. I don't know what your truck does in the 1/4 and from reading this forum, the SS is much like the hemi.. every single one runs different in the 1/4. but since you hung with a GT you're in the 15 flat range (for sea level elevation) (since it was a rolling start). most auto mustang gt's run around 15 flat to 15.2 stock around here and the stick versions run around 14.7-14.9.. a lot of it is driver (ESPECIALLY with a manual.. like I said.. playing with V6 stick shift mustangs.. hehe.. that's a LOT of fun.. cause they can't EVER drive.. you see that hood raise then it drops for like... 3 seconds while the retard shifts.. then in your rear view you see the lights spring back up.. all while you're still smoking the tires through the intersection.. HEHE!)

yeah i forgot you guys had that AWD.. hehe.. I'm stuck with one tire fire.. (dodge coulda atleast gave me a two tire fire.. and since I didn't "order" my truck, I didn't get a chance to put a check mark next to ANTI SPIN Diff. oh well)

Archived