What Other Projects Do You All Have Going On?

blownsschevy

I know we all love our trucks however I wanted to poke around and see what else everyone is working on. Whether it is another genera of cars/trucks or a build of any sort, please share.

To start things off I restore classic cars mostly the 50's era. If you check my gallery out you can see some shots. I will be posting more pics soon. Below are some details about my projects.

*1949 Chevy Delux

Finished - original flat head 6 - mild custom

*1951 Shoebox

Front and rear air ride installd - crate 302 - in the process of replacing all floor pans and sealing up the rear from the air ride install - Shaved doors and tank - Chop soon to come! - Full custom

*1951 Merc

Rolling Chassis - 4" Chop - Brought down to bare metal and about to start body work - Full custom

*1955 Ford Fairlane

All original besides paint and front seat - Original 272 Y block runs like champ - Power stearing - stock AC! - Plan to fully restore this one as if it rolled off the lot in 55 - Mild custom

*1965 Mercury Cougar

289 crate - X pipe exhaust - Edelbrock intake manifold - Edelbrock carb - Long tube headers

I look foward to hearing about your projects!

Edited by blownsschevy (see edit history)

Life is indeed a project....what are you studying? What school do you go to?

tryin to knock out the civil and mechanical engineering degrees @ FIU <---- (cheaper)

For the Merc, everyone chops em...I'd go all out custom vert! Hardtop custom vert! (perks of being an engineer :P)

Edited by SSplaytoy (see edit history)

wow good for you man. I know everyone chops em, but thats because it looks great with the lines of that car. Nothing rocks a chop like a 51 Merc. I have never been a fan of convertables dont know why. But I have seen some convertable Mercs that look sick.

wow good for you man. I know everyone chops em, but thats because it looks great with the lines of that car. Nothing rocks a chop like a 51 Merc. I have never been a fan of convertables dont know why. But I have seen some convertable Mercs that look sick.

I've seen ragtop verts, but never a hard top on a chopped merc. I like to be different.

and I'm hopin the degrees pay off...school gets expensive real quick

0914091309.jpg

My POS beater... May get a paintjob one day...

at least your not rockin the IROCs on it like everyone else. Those first gens look sick layed out. If you're any good at body work and can figure out how to use a spray gun, you could prob do it all for under 300 bucks by yourself fixing everything. Get a few quarts of the Rust-O-Leum flat black from Home Depot for metal. Stuff works great actually. Just thin it a little bit so it shoots smooth through the gun

Edited by SSplaytoy (see edit history)

My DD 1994 Toyota pickup has become a little bit of a project. I am convinced it fell off the boat when they imported it, and they just fished it back out..lol 230,000 miles and still loudly ticking away.

DSCF1397.jpg

DSCF1394.jpg

106_1013.jpg

106_1012.jpg

106_1021.jpg

106_1020.jpg

525bb6db.jpg

6e99a6ef.jpg

And the project I am working on with my dad.

IMG_0188.jpg

106_0966.jpg

ccd1f89d.jpg

i dont have any side projects, money has become tight since buying a house BUT i do have a couple dream project i WILL eventually pursue. one also being a 51 Merc, chopped and MAYBE channeled. definately on air and a very simple but clean interior and a nice 351 in it. i also want a 65 Riviera and 72 Datsun 510(2 door), the Datsun is the one i'v been wanting to get since i was much younger so if can come across one for a good price(aka dirt cheap) i will try my hand at it...

saw ur pics, very nice. i'm a bit jealous :D ...

-Rob

dont have to many project hobbies since the ones i do have cost alot

1) finishing the SS truck and enjoy it

2) 2008 silverado 3500 durdymax, next weekend im dumping alot of time and money into it , i have to take it to the dealer monday for a rear main seal under warranty and a few other minor things

all parts are either here or ordered

1) 8 inch fabtech lift , w atlas rear springs, dual shock bilstein 7100 reservoir front hoops and rear (8 total)

2) exaxt steering upgrades

3) i.c.c.e. 20x10 wheels

3) 37x13.5x20 toyo open country mud tires

4) amp retractable running boards

5) 2 sets hid in lows and fogs (already installed)

6) 10w6v2 jl , 500/1 amp

7)tinted up ( done )

8) 4.56 front and rear gears

that all for this project for now until i run out of warranty

other projects in the not so distant future, house - i want to build a pool this winter for next summer

working on my billiards skills, going to take lessons soon .

and last is the banshee , its pretty much done just need the fast rider mod

and last but not least, getting my diesel tech learn on , want to get better at my job to be able to move on to bigger and better things . possibly move to fabrication.

Do the other projects need to be automotive related? If not, then my extra time is being spent on projects on the house. Currently stripping wallpaper in the 3rd bedroom and refinishing everything and painting to become my office. Just finished my master bedroom last week. The master was my very first project and it felt amazing when I finished things up to know that I did everything myself. I just had someone at the house today (family member) giving me a quote on doing stone walls and concrete drive and I can't wait to see the finished results. For years I always dreamed that having my own house would be fun but I was wrong, its freaking amazing!