What Other Projects Do You All Have Going On?

blownsschevy

Awesome stuff. I also have three step children, 8,10,12 it is definitly an ongoing project in which you constantly have to lead by example. They really dig crusing in the cars so I hope my passion rubs off on them :D (they are already calling dibs on the SS).

Here is a pic of my 51 after we finished the air ride.

post-19582-1268875791_thumb.jpg

Edited by blownsschevy (see edit history)

Were to start i have to many hobbies. Well my biggest one at the moment is building my motor i just blew up. but on other days im rocking one of my 4 gas powered R/C cars :D . then i also work on my little honda car. i know its a honda but its fun. them other than those project im usually helping my buddys mod there stuff.

Were to start i have to many hobbies. Well my biggest one at the moment is building my motor i just blew up. but on other days im rocking one of my 4 gas powered R/C cars :D . then i also work on my little honda car. i know its a honda but its fun. them other than those project im usually helping my buddys mod there stuff.

:withstupid: I'm to broke right now to do my own stuff :cry:

I am still working on my 64 Impala

Got my 350 (stroked to 383) engine disguised as a 327 now ;) I drilled a hole in the back of the block to get the old style PCV system working. The older blocks has a casting back there for the PCV tube.

IMG_2173.jpg

Edited by dcairns (see edit history)

Awesome stuff. I also have three step children, 8,10,12 it is definitly an ongoing project in which you constantly have to lead by example. They really dig crusing in the cars so I hope my passion rubs off on them :D (they are already calling dibs on the SS).

Here is a pic of my 51 after we finished the air ride.

hey man...wtf....that thing can still go like another 2 or 3 inches lower....what gives :dunno:

here is one more we just finished , i helped my fater n law build this in the past 6 years . he had an unfortunate accident and passed a few years back . he taught me alot of guy stuff and helped put me where i am today . we are pretty much finished with it and got the last of the lift's in yesterday . i have done alot of work here already including my motor swaps in the truck , and the banshee build . next weekend we will be taking part in lifting up my new dmax with some custom suspension stuff. nothing crazy but not your everyday lifted truck .

here it is testing the dmax, it lifted it with ease. 10k lb to post lift ftw

2010-03-19190730.jpg

this shop has everything we will ever need , just need to get a mill and lathe . so far we have a mig/tig/stick welders, a big press, bench grinder/polished . big dog 100% duty cylce air compressor , a decent plasma torch , oxy/acetylen torch, band saw, a nice bench sander, hydraulic tubing bender . its freaking awesome , all we need now is a made to clean it up.

thats awesome nothing is better then having a nice shop with all the tools you need to do any projects that come to mind :thumbs:

also i guess my projects at work right now is extending the boom on a 02 ditch witch rt180 which was the biggest ditcher they made at the time, it ditches 8 ft right now but are extending it to dig 9 and a half feet and with the cutters on 10 ft. also were working on taking out a 3306 out of a d7h caterpillar because it smashed a rod through the pan,

http://kkhakobau.hakobau.de/bilder/thumb-54-235-6-1.jpg

http://www.southwestfleetmgmt.com/_images/...ntory%20070.jpg

theres a couple pics of what the machines looks like

Edited by 03silv.ss (see edit history)

i envy all of you that own a house. being active duty military that just isnt a good idea on my part. but with my dad having a body shop/ fiberglass repair we work on many projects a year. currentlly 61 impala bubble top full resto mod, my 91 v8 s10 (4th or 5th time) :D, wifes 06 supercharged GP( just a few mods), brothers 2000 2wd silverado swapping in full SS frame/drivetrain, along with many small projects for friends and family. does anyone have a spare money tree i can borrow for a while? gary

This is my other girl. 72 GMC

DSC03118.jpg

DSC03505.jpg

DSC03509.jpg

Right now, she's rockin' the stock 350/4 speed, but I've got this little guy waiting to go in. Nothing major. It was just a low mileage GM crate that I picked up from the ol' man out of one of his work trucks. Freshened it up with a Comp Thumpr cam, roller rockers, Pete Jackson Gear, Edelbrock intake and SMI Quadra-toilet. If the old engine would hurry up and blow, I'd put it in, but it just keeps running, and it seems like the harder I push it, the better it runs.

DSC03563.jpg

DSC03570.jpg

This little guy is on the install list as well. If you've been paying attention to C-10's the past few years, you know what this is. Just need to figure out what I'm going to do with the rear.

Dropmemeber1.jpg

She has served as my daily driver for a while now, and probably will in the future because A; it keeps the miles off of the SS, and B; you just can't beat driving an old truck. I used to dump pretty much every penny I had into her, but then I got married and a little bit wiser with my $$, so now I mainly just pick up stuff on the cheap. It will probably take me another four years to piece together my entire air ride system, but I'm in no hurry, as she is going nowhere any time soon. The truck, that is :cheers: