Got A New Laptop With Windows 7. Need Some Help

SSThunder

Ok. Windows 7 seems to have a bug. The cursor wants to jump around for no reason. I did read about this online. Apparently there is some Windows update that is causing this problem. My problem is the laptop is brand new so there is no way to remove whatever update came on the laptop. Any IT gurus know how to fix this problem? It's driving me crazy. The cursor will jump to the left 2 to 3 inches when I go to move it. It does this 2 or 3 times in a row every 5 mins or so. IT IS DRIVING ME CRAZYYYYYYYY!!! Any help would be great :chevy:

that sucks, I just got a new hp laptop with windows 7 about 2 weeks ago after my old one fried, havent had the cursor problem but web pages freeze up the whole comp all the time and i have to do a forced shut down and restart it, its driving me nuts

Thats really odd....... I have seen desktop computers with what I call "roaming mouse disease" where the mouse will just continually venture off in one direction, in which case you can disconnect and clean the mouse's connection or replace the whole mouse. But as far as laptops go, i would just blame it on the actual mouse pad that you slide your finger accross to move the cursor. I have Windows 7 on my laptop and it has been nothing short of phenomenal. No issues whatso ever. IDK if it matters but my computer came with XP on it and I upgraded. :D

I doubt thats the problem but here is how you do it. http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-update/...all-update.html

This also happens on my laptop, sometimes and its been doing it on and off for years. Try this out if the laptop is on a flat surface lift it up and move the mouse around and see if it still does it. If it still happens its some sort of weird electric field you are by (external drives, another computer, power plugs, etc...) it's weird, I know but it does happen

Thats really odd....... I have seen desktop computers with what I call "roaming mouse disease" where the mouse will just continually venture off in one direction, in which case you can disconnect and clean the mouse's connection or replace the whole mouse. But as far as laptops go, i would just blame it on the actual mouse pad that you slide your finger accross to move the cursor. I have Windows 7 on my laptop and it has been nothing short of phenomenal. No issues whatso ever. IDK if it matters but my computer came with XP on it and I upgraded. :D

I agree totally. If your using an external mouse with the laptop check out the mouse and see if that's the issue. If not, does this happen when your trying to move the mouse around or when your typing something on the keyboard? If it's while your typing the touch pad sensitivity may be to high and your touching it without knowing it. Also what are the specs on the laptop? CPU, Memory, Graphics, etc.

As for the OS, I've been nothing but pleased with Win7 so far. What version are you running? Home, Pro, Ultimate... that will also make a diff in the way the OS performs (believe it or not). My laptop came with Vista (complete crap) and I wiped it out ASAP when Win7 came out. However I'm running the Enterprise edition which is usually the most stable (like XP Pro compared to Home).

Upgrading probably saved you. I would watch what windows update you load. From the one article I found it sounds as if some window update is causing the problem and people can restore their laptop to before the update. My problem is I can't do that. What ever is causing the problem came with my laptop so I'm screwed until I find an answer. :mad:

Upgrading probably saved you. I would watch what windows update you load. From the one article I found it sounds as if some window update is causing the problem and people can restore their laptop to before the update. My problem is I can't do that. What ever is causing the problem came with my laptop so I'm screwed until I find an answer. :mad:

what happens when you try using an external mouse? You could hopefully use that to get a windows update, just try not to touch the area around your internal mousepad because I really think that it's sensitivity could be a contributor. Also try to adjust the sensitivity down as stated above and see if that helps.