Picked Up At New Dd

mwalls54

I started a new job and needed something to DD. With my last company I had a new gmc dmax that they got back. My last truck was a 2006 f250 powerstroke and i liked it alot, It was my company truck until I bought it off the company then i sold it, The company replaced the truck I bought with the gmc which i liked at first but after putting 18k miles on it and averaging 13mpg and buring 6 quarts of oil between oil changes i decided i didn't want a new dmax. I found a 2006 F350 CCLB single wheel King Ranch with 26k miles that was garage kept its whole life, non smoker, no kids ect. Its in perfect shape in every way. I havent really cleaned it up good yet due to weather but next week its getting a claybar and a good wax job.

384428010.jpg

Edited by mwalls54 (see edit history)

Its got the 6.0, I wouldn't have any of the newer diesels with the emissions bs on it.

haha, BS is an understatement. I deal with these daily, and itll wear you slick after awhile. Bad thing is its only going to get worse with SCR :(

yeah to each his own but matt's driven them all so he has some experience .

i DD a 6.0 for work with 250 k on it , im on my third motor. i have done heads 2x , egr a few times and one turbo. those are all the common problems as well as coolant reservoir developing leaks but that is an easy fix.

good luck with it man !!

Just swung a 6.0 in a 550 alil over a month ago. Cam failed and sent metal through the oil system. Havnt been to experienced in the "light" truck side as im mainly in the heavy side, but I have a tech that does light diesel work. From what iv heard, 7.3 was it.

Oh i agree 7.3s are probably the best motors but the newest one is 8 years old and good luck finding one thats not ragged out with over 100k miles. My last 2006 did good until i sold it. It had over 100k miles with a programer set on 100hp setting the whole time. Which started to kill the truck since i would run it as hard as it would run towing a 10k lb trailer across the country. I will be a little more easier on this truck and only run a programer when i'm not towing. And besides if the egr goes out i will delete it or if the head gaskets fail i will put arp studs in.

Oh i agree 7.3s are probably the best motors but the newest one is 8 years old and good luck finding one thats not ragged out with over 100k miles. My last 2006 did good until i sold it. It had over 100k miles with a programer set on 100hp setting the whole time. Which started to kill the truck since i would run it as hard as it would run towing a 10k lb trailer across the country. I will be a little more easier on this truck and only run a programer when i'm not towing. And besides if the egr goes out i will delete it or if the head gaskets fail i will put arp studs in.

Nice truck Matt. :thumbs:

At least you have experience with them and already know what to do when they have problems :cheers:

exactly what i would do . also the 6.0 isnt to bad to work on . the heads ehh not to easy but cab off is the way to go. the water pump and radiator are walks in the park.

glad you stayed away from the 6.4 . its a total pain to work on , even the alternator is shitty to get too.

still have not done a ps pump on the 6.0 they seem to hold up better .

now the 7.3 is about as easy as working on our trucks.