Interior Trim Mod

kcsilveradoss

I did not do this on my Silverado, but on the Cobalt. When I bought it, one of the first problems I saw was the power window switch bezels were peeling and flaking where someones fingernails had scratched the finish off. It drove me nuts so I took some easy steps to curb the issue, and hopefully increase the longevity of the finish. The results yielded a piece of which I feel looks better than the factory part, and matched everything on the door perfectly. I'm not sure where this will help on the SS, but I know that most of you own other gm products that have similar issues. I chose black for my projects, but there are other colors avaiable. Here are progression pics.

couple of pics showing the defects

th_DSC03945.jpg

th_DSC03946.jpg

switches removed

th_DSC03947.jpg

stripping part-here I flipped the part over in a glass dish and poured stripping agent in dish until it covered the part of bezel that shows. Pics of the chemical used and part after being soaked for 2 min. After part was removed the excess paint was wiped away and re-dipped until all silver removed. This process did not take long, 10 minutes at most.

th_DSC03949.jpg

th_DSC03948.jpg

pic of the part after stripping, and ready for paint. All I did after stripping was made sure part was dry, the chemical used removes all adhesives and anything that will affect paint.

th_DSC03950.jpg

next pic of the paint used, purchased at lowes for a few dollars, color choice is yours.

th_DSC03951.jpg

pics of part after 2 coats, 15 minutes apart and set in front of space heater (its 33* here). one is close-up to show texture

th_DSC03952.jpg

th_DSC03953.jpg

installed pics

th_DSC03954.jpg

th_DSC03955.jpg

th_DSC03956.jpg

th_DSC03957.jpg

hopefully this helps someone out, please leave me some feedback or questions if you have any.

Shaun

Haven't even had the car a week and you're already ricin it out..... color matching the interior parts to the exterior. I'll try and get you some stickers or something so you can get even MORE horsepowers. :cool:

yeah i know, i could have been finishing the trans on the truck :uhoh: