Whining Noise

Hello everyone ive had my SS since last june and after 10,000 miles ive been getting a whining noise in the cabin it only happens when i tap the gas pedal or when im going steady at around 25 MPH to 45 MPH i feel like it is the transfer box but im not shure i took it to get serviced but they said nothing was leaking at all and everything looks good on it so i was wondering if anyone else has or had this problem and what may be the culprit your input would be very helpful :chevy:

Thanks

Pete

:rolleyes: I have a winding also but its there all the time sound like a supercharger.

A tech at a local trans shop told me my line pressure was too high, no trans mods yeat. But I did flash my own ECM. :cool:

• 2 months later...

hey guys, excuse the name i have, when i registered it kept telling me that the user name was already taken so i put in something totally off the wall and it took. hey anyway i have a whine on the first start of the day ill take the rpm up to 2500 or so and just before it shifts youll hear a whine and thats in every gear but after about 5 minutes of driving it quits or isnt noticeable in the cab anymore. another thing that i just took it in for was a type of ac electric motor sound, like a wiper motor sound underneath the glove box, the dealership said it had to with the tachometer, cant understand that but well it still drives like a dream so, yeah i consider this truck the best ride of the road, im really wondering what a supercharger would be like but i dont want to start breaking stuff

Archived