Power Folding Side Mirrors Question

We all have the power folding side mirrors, has anyone ever thought about wiring them up somehow so they fold in by themselves whenever you lock the doors or shut off the truck? It would come in handy in cities where space is limited... I dont know how to go about hooking this up, has anyone else thought of it? I know a lot of cars come from the factory with this as an option in other countries. I dont know, I just thought of this last weekend when I was in LA and the parking spots were super tiny. Any thoughts?

We all have the power folding side mirrors, has anyone ever thought about wiring them up somehow so they fold in by themselves whenever you lock the doors or shut off the truck? It would come in handy in cities where space is limited... I dont know how to go about hooking this up, has anyone else thought of it? I know a lot of cars come from the factory with this as an option in other countries. I dont know, I just thought of this last weekend when I was in LA and the parking spots were super tiny. Any thoughts?

I guess it would be cool to have them close when you lock your truck with the fob for the wow factor hahah....Buuuut I think your just getting lazy man!

when i did my security system install, I looked into this. it would take 3 relays per door to make this happen, i wanted to do it so that they would "unfold" when i disarm it as well.

hmmmmm... if someone figures this out, please let me know. but in all of my 18 years of car electronics, this is the best i could do, and with all of the wiring i have thru the door jambs already, i didnt think it was worth it.

would be bad ass tho!!! :cheers:

Just a thought, maybe someone can run with it: We have the ability to have our mirrors angle down when the truck is put in reverse, so can you somehow switch wires or something tying that feature to the powerfolding and the parking gear instead? I have a lot of electrical background but almost none concerning our trucks, so I dont even really know if this is an electrical feature or if it is somehow programed into a computer brain or whatever. Anybody know anything about that feature?