My Dyno Sheet

turboed ss

I went to the Dyno today just to find out that i need new plug wires and need to change my plug gap from .35 to .30 so i can turn up the boost....

What do u think???? Good starting #s.... Ill be turning it up to 17lb for a high maybe 18lbs!!!!!

Oh and this is only 10 degrees timing....

post-19112-1269385766_thumb.jpg

post-19112-1269385777_thumb.jpg

thats 5252rpm that is were hp/tq cross pathes... im pretty sure all car/trucks cross in the same place.... i think

every combo is diff and will cross at a diff place. However it looks like the blue line is the only one with out a shift point or a converter lock. Was your converter locked for the pulls or do you remember the truck shifting during the pull? i made a mistake in my first post i ment around 4000 rpm.

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)

every combo is diff and will cross at a diff place. However it looks like the blue line is the only one with out a shift point or a converter lock. Was your converter locked for the pulls or do you remember the truck shifting during the pull? i made a mistake in my first post i ment around 4000 rpm.

oh its locked in 3rd gear so it was probably the converter

due to the Horspower formula and the fact that its based on torque, the horspower/torque curves will alway cross at 5252

hp = ((tq*rpm)/5252) where 5252 is always a constant and therefore at 5252 rpm tq=hp.

at 4000 rpm something is going on... might be the TC locking.

due to the Horspower formula and the fact that its based on torque, the horspower/torque curves will alway cross at 5252

hp = ((tq*rpm)/5252) where 5252 is always a constant and therefore at 5252 rpm tq=hp.

thanks for clarifing that for me... also lets keep in mine the blue run is on the old motor back in august... the blue run was the best i ever saw the old motor... it was never tuned properly and there was something never quite right with the old motor...

so the only 2 pulls we did on the new motor are the red and green pulls...

can you explain that anymore? where does the 5252 rpm come from. There are so many things that can change peak hp and torque along with the duration of each curve untill it peaks and the rate at which it drops off. I guess i'm not understanding how that can be true? my truck crosses at 5400-5500.

Thanks

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)

can you explain that anymore? where does the 5252 rpm come from. There are so many things that can change peak hp and torque along with the duration of each curve untill it peaks and the rate at which it drops off. I guess i'm not understanding how that can be true? my truck crosses at 5400-5500.

Thanks

The 5252 in not the RPM it is just a constant that some one came up with to corolate HP to TQ. what I posted above is the actual formula that most all dynos use it to convert TQ to HP since they most all can only measure the TQ applied to the wheels and not the actual HP. If your truck is crossing at 5400-5500 rpm its usually due to a miss calculation or a bad RPM pickup. And yes you can alter the HP and TQ curves doing various mods but no matter what mods, both curves will cross at the same point of 5252rpm,

The 5252 in not the RPM it is just a constant that some one came up with to corolate HP to TQ. what I posted above is the actual formula that most all dynos use it to convert TQ to HP since they most all can only measure the TQ applied to the wheels and not the actual HP. If your truck is crossing at 5400-5500 rpm its usually due to a miss calculation or a bad RPM pickup. And yes you can alter the HP and TQ curves doing various mods but no matter what mods, both curves will cross at the same point of 5252rpm,

thanks for explaining it more, i had no idea that is what dyno's are based off of. However i would still like to know why that guy picked 5252 for the constant but i'm sure he's a whole lot smarter then me.

:cheers:

thanks for explaining it more, i had no idea that is what dyno's are based off of. However i would still like to know why that guy picked 5252 for the constant but i'm sure he's a whole lot smarter then me.

:cheers:

Yeah me too, and also how they came up as one HP unit of measure = moving 33000 lb of weight one foot per minute.