D-max Lift Finished

04CHASE

well i got the grille anyway , found someone who had one but never installed it , got it for less than half price. man i love the interweb. so im dont spending on this thing for a while . until the irs decides to send me my dam tax refund .

going to go finish up the lift right now . probably be working until about midnight since i have to fab a crossmember for the rear shock mounts .

then tomorrow off to get the alignment done and then to snap pics for you all .

I never checked on the price of the RBP grills...that is ri-cockulious. What about fender flares? I have a friend that might be selling a set of unused bushwacker Pocket style fender flares. They are black but I'm sure you could paint them to match.

man just work up , had a long night yesterday . got real sick towards the end of it but i kept welding . the perches on the axle are done , the shock hoops are pretty much on , the passenger side hook and a arms are all done . today i will tackle the steering components , the torsion bars, the support bars , a slight alignment to get me through the weekend . last i still need to finish the cross member and relocate some sensors'cpus in the rear frame. also have to re charge the shocks , cant wait to drive this beast.

i didnt realize how much work this was going to be , even with 3 of us its still a ton of work but this isnt your everday lift. so it should look tits when done

ok man what fun that was, but its done . have an issue with an abs light that i think i must have pinched a sensor , need to get to a tech2 to check and also change some parameters( tire pressure sensors and add back up cam)

but here are some pics of the progress and completion

DSC02937.jpg

DSC02939.jpg

DSC02944.jpg

DSC02946.jpg

DSC02948.jpg

DSC02949.jpg

DSC02950.jpg

DSC02951.jpg

DSC02952.jpg

DSC02953.jpg

should be busy with minor stuff next weekend too . so far ive driven it 5 miles and its awesome , already getting lots of looks almost reminds me being in the SS.

it will be pulling it , ill be looking for a decent 18-20 ft car trailer later this year. right now it drives awesome rpm's are a bit low but it still has plenty of power to move. i think 4.10's would be perfect but need to hold off on spending money on it for a little bit. got some home expenses i need to cover next month so back to work tomorrow . seems like i didnt even get a day off this week.

thanks rob ill probably be at the next g2g in it . just found a set of new shorter shocks too c-list rules. should be able to get them for 250 and sell these i have on it for 500 so ill re coop some costs.